Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC stock choice

I run the Ace ARFX stock on most of my AR's and like it for 3 gunning and general use but found that I prefer the Magpul MOE on my PCC.  

Its mostly due to the "stock on belt" starts.  The MOE just works a tad bit better.  

Since are set up with the same dimensions, I don't know why the MOE feels like it does, but it just does.

I don't think there's a PCC specific reason to get one stock over any other that works just fine for you on another rifle.  I use Magpul ACS-Ls on all my long guns, PCC included.  The MFT seems to be a really popular choice.  Run what ya like.

Edited by mahamoti

Personally, I prefer the adjustable.  I am running a MOE currently.  I like being able to run it in shorter for the stages where I am cramped, such as classifiers with a wall in front of a three by three box where you have to shoot both sides.  Found in practicing this situation a lot that it really helps to be able to shorten the stock.  Shot a field course today where I did the same due to being inside hallway like situations with little space. Seems faster. 

Just finished my first pcc up last week and decided to go with the Magpul CTR. No real reason to have it over the MOE as the wiggle doesn't hurt anything in a freehand rifle as it does the precision game, but it can't hurt anything either. I feel the solidness of the stock is worth the extra money. 

I have the MOE on my SBR, and took the rubber butt pad off so it would slide up easier. My new rifle is set up like the OP's with the MFT. The rubber pad is perm. attached, and it does drag my shirt if I don't get it cleared far enough. I remember trap shooters had a spray that they put on their shotgun butt pads to make them slick on clothing. May look into it. I love the Taccom ULW barrel!