Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which CZ for Carry Optics?

Weever82

I am currently shooting my Shadow 2 in production and I love it but it doesn't make the 46oz weight limit for carry optics.

I have a few buddies trying it out and thought it would be cool to build a CO gun and try it out with them for something other than production. I don't reload and don't have the scratch for the STI I want, so I figured CO its the perfect poor mans open gun.

Any thoughts on a CZ for carry optics?

Thanks for reading

whats the difference between the sp-01 shadow and the regular sp-01? I like the idea of the decocker version of the sp-01 but if it can't be milled as low its not worth the being able to drop the hammer without pulling the trigger.

I started with a Phantom, loved it, it is now my backup gun.  Primary gun now is a CZC 75 Shadow with CZC SP01 mulit-optic top end, love it.  If I had it to do over again, I would start with an SP-01 or an Accu Shadow, as I believe they have a beveled magwell opening versus the Shadow's square bottom.

On 9/8/2017 at 0:36 AM, Akkid17 said:

whats the difference between the sp-01 shadow and the regular sp-01? I like the idea of the decocker version of the sp-01 but if it can't be milled as low its not worth the being able to drop the hammer without pulling the trigger.

SP01 decocker can not be milled as low. SP01 Shadow can be milled 0.250" deep.

I currently use a standard SP-01 for Carry Optics with a Burris FF3 milled into the slide. If I had to do it again I would of gone for the SP-01 Shadow with a 10x Cajun bushing or a SP-01 Accu-Shadow. CZ you can load 23 re-loadable with many combinations of base pads/spring/followers.