Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot will change matches difficulty in USPSA?

dvc4you

10 minutes ago, zzt said:

Boy do I agree with that.  I shoot Open.  Shooting a stage where you can hose half the targets, then take a step or two and hose the rest is boring.  Even though I'm a slow moving 70 year old, I prefer stages that require thinking and movement.  Otherwise, just shooting holes in a paper target is boring.

A hundred yard dash is a boring race, except for the guys that are in it for the win. A hoser stage is similar and the results at the top of the list are very close and the winner is the shooter that does the "hosing" perfectly. I'm also an old "fud" shooting open with honestly no chance of winning a stage against the competition in this division, but I can appreciate a speed run, just not a steady diet. My home club does an outlaw hoser match once a year and it's a lot of fun.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm going against the grain here but I enjoy the occasional hoser stage.  Chainsawing fast alphas with transitions as fast as one's splits is one of the many important skills in our game IMO.  It is a shooting challenge after all.  I'd much rather shoot a hoser stage than a stage that tests who can run the fastest down range with a barbell in their hand and then run back uprange.  

Anyone can hose down targets while pointing at brown.  But can you do it at that same speed and shoot alphas?  Simply put, our game is all about who can shoot the most points the fastest.  Being able to hose down alphas at 5 yards as fast as possible is just as important as scoring alphas on tight partials or 20+ yard targets as fast as possible.  In the end, whoever shoots the most points the fastest wins.

Edited by d_striker