Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone tried the new SVI grip?

cs62

On 9/5/2017 at 9:36 PM, Mhall said:

Put my hands on two of them at A3. Very nice. Pretty grippy, and was told, by the shooter who's guns they were, used to use aggressive micro pockets and is switching to these exclusively. 

So are they more aggressive or less aggressive than the aggressive micro pockets? 

11 hours ago, Balakay said:

So are they more aggressive or less aggressive than the aggressive micro pockets? 

They are way less sharp. They don't actually feel grippy at all. I only put my hands on them, I did not fire a shot. 

Here are a few pics of the new "187" (left) and "250" (right) grips.  I'm not a professional photographer, but hopefully they give you better views, or at least additional ones, to form a loose opinion about them.  Obviously, none of us really knows how they'll perform without live-fire.

After handling them for 30 minutes or so, I can't perceive a whole lot of difference between the two in terms of friction against horizontal or side-to-side torquing.  I do, however, feel slightly more resistance against vertical slippage, which I think will aid in retaining a solid purchase against muzzle flip.  Take a look and form your own opinion.  Most, if not all, the pics on INFINITY's FB page are the "187" version.  The "250" is supposed to pricklier and "grippier."  I don't know if that's necessarily the case.  But again, only live-fire would prove one way or the other.

W03aoRBl.jpgoTuJLBEl.jpghBh5U2Jl.jpg5M7UMQfl.jpgxEsFaepl.jpg

Actually, I would refute the claim of irritation. Infinity's checkering on the  mainspring housing is excellent. Brent at SVI, who has been extemely helpful, described the texture to resemble tire treads. To go along with that metaphor, I suppose our hands are the road.  Think about how much of the flesh on the hands press into the "treads".  Quite a bit.  It offers very good grip. It just doesn't kill the hands like the aggressive micropockets.   

1 hour ago, Raider26 said:

The aggressive grip hates skin

Nonsense. It is aggressive for sure but after a few sessions you will have adapted and be grateful about the grip you have purchased.

IMHO, nothing better for hot humid climates or extra sweaty palms. For the record, I am not a manual laborer with ridiculously calloused hands.