Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite load for your PCC?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My go to is 147gr Blue Bullets, 2.7gr Titegroup @ 1.110. Makes 134pf.

But my world shook when I tried some 124's recently at a LIII match; I'll try to play around with 124's.
Were the 124's also blue bullets?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Question for Sig MPX PCC owners - I am currently using 124gr of bullets and would like to try to load a 147gr and 115gn bullets.. is there a beneficial reasons in terms of how fast the bolt will cycle as well as the trigger will reset using the 115gr. I still have the stock Timney trigger installed and I liked it, but there were times I feel the Timney is too slow for my trigger pull. I previously shoot open division.

• 2 months later...

Currently shooting my stock JP GMR-15 using Berry's 124gr HHP ladder tested in .1 increments of Sport Pistol and 3.7 seemed to be my sweet spot (PF 130-135), WSP, 1.060". Getting ~0.75" in 5 shot groups off a bench at 25yds. Shot a few hundred rounds this week and haven't had a hiccup. Shoots flat and relatively soft for me. Just started shooting PCC early in the year and started w/ my 147gr pistol loads. Those have to be the softest. Then went to 115gr and thought it was bit jumpy on my dot. Will shoot a local match tomorrow and see if I found THE LOAD.

Edited by mala_in_se
typo
On 5/19/2019 at 10:22 AM, tanfoglio1911 said:

Question for Sig MPX PCC owners - I am currently using 124gr of bullets and would like to try to load a 147gr and 115gn bullets.. is there a beneficial reasons in terms of how fast the bolt will cycle as well as the trigger will reset using the 115gr. I still have the stock Timney trigger installed and I liked it, but there were times I feel the Timney is too slow for my trigger pull. I previously shoot open division.

147 gr. Xtreme Plated HP

3.8 gr. Autocomp

1.13" OAL

Averages 901 FPS (132 PF) out of my Gen 2 MPX Carbine

I've put thousands of rounds of that recipe through my gun with zero issues.

Edited by sixsixnine

Favorite load for my Taccom 5.25" ULW ..   3.8gr Sport Pistol using 124gr Everglades plated bullets.---  1027  Velocity -- PF  127.3 .. for a 5 shot average... VERY soft shooting   -  Dot just barely wiggles... brass ejects 7ft straight out ... absolute  best time for shooting 6 shot Bill Drills I have tested thus far...   

Found my new PCC load.  Very soft shooting with no dot movement out of my JP GMR15.  Been shooting Rainer 115 Gr RN with 4.0 Gr N320 @ 1.12 aol, 138 PF.

The below load is way much better.  Been looking for an N320 replacement and it seems the Sport Powder does it at about half the cost.

124 Gr. Everglade v2 JHP

3.8 Gr Sport Pistol

WSPP

1.10 aol

Hi= 1126, Low =1103

AVG = 1114.8

PF = 138

2 hours ago, pbc44 said:

Found my new PCC load.  Very soft shooting with no dot movement out of my JP GMR15.  Been shooting Rainer 115 Gr RN with 4.0 Gr N320 @ 1.12 aol, 138 PF.

The below load is way much better.  Been looking for an N320 replacement and it seems the Sport Powder does it at about half the cost.

124 Gr. Everglade v2 JHP

3.8 Gr Sport Pistol

WSPP

1.10 aol

Hi= 1126, Low =1103

AVG = 1114.8

PF = 138

I'm running a GMR-13.  With N320 I tend to get high standard deviation and extreme spread numbers for velocity.  Using N350 the SD and ES is much lower.  Just a single data point, YMMV.

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, ohsevenflhx said:

124gr rn plated any brand, 1.118 OAL, WSP magnum primer, 3.2gr Alliant E3. 134pf with Ruger PC Carbine 19115. Soft, accurate, and feed well.

Hello, I will be very careful with Ruger PCC as last Friday we ran a couple of hundred rounds thru it.

147g 2.7g TG, 1.120" AOL, PF is not yet determine, soft shooting but 2 rounds barely get out of the barrel. I am just lucky as I am always checking the paper first before pulling the trigger for another round during accuracy test. The round fired, ejected the empty case 2 o'clock and cycled for another one but didn't see the hole on the paper. I stop and checked. I found the round around 1.2" short before the end of the barrel and it happened twice. I will increase my powder to 3g TG.

Edited by Orbit
4 minutes ago, Orbit said:

Hello, I will be very careful with Ruger PCC as last Friday we ran a couple of hundred rounds thru it.

147g 2.7g TG, 1.120" AOL, PF is not yet determine, soft shooting but 2 rounds barely get out of the barrel. I am just lucky as I am always checking the paper first before pulling the trigger for another round during accuracy test. The round fired, ejected the empty case 2 o'clock and cycled for another one but didn't see the hole on the paper. I stop and checked. I found the round around 1.2" short before the end of the barrel and it happened twice. I will increase my powder to 3g TG.

??? That is a completely different load than mine. Different powder, primer, bullet weight, and over all length. I've shot well over 3K rounds of my load out of Ruger PC Carbine this season with no issues. Sorry for your bad luck, but good luck with what your trying.

16 minutes ago, Orbit said:

Hodgdon Load data shows 9mm 147gr bullet to be minimum charge 3.2gr to maximum 3.6gr of Titegroup. You can vary under and over some, but looks like 2.7gr is a pretty light charge.

6 minutes ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Hodgdon Load data shows 9mm 147gr bullet to be minimum charge 3.2gr to maximum 3.6gr of Titegroup. You can vary under and over some, but looks like 2.7gr is a pretty light charge.

Yes, but this load cycled perfectly in pistol (Classic Div with 125-126pf) for level 1 & 2. For level 3 i am cranking it to 3g

6 minutes ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Yes, but this load cycled perfectly in pistol (Classic Div with 125-126pf) for level 1 & 2. For level 3 i am cranking it to 3g for 130pf 

7 minutes ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Yes, but this load cycled perfectly in pistol (Classic Div with 125-126pf) for level 1 & 2. For level 3 i am cranking it to 3g for 128-130pf 

11 minutes ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Yes, but this load cycled perfectly in pistol (Classic Div with 125-126pf) for level 1 & 2. For level 3 i am cranking it to 3g for 128-130pf 

Edited by Orbit
1 hour ago, Orbit said:

Different barrel lengths.

My experience with fast powders in my JP GMR-13 is that it doesn't work as well as slower powders.  Much more inconsistent velocities within a group with faster powders.  I'm *guessing* that the faster powder burns up before the round leaves the barrel, but in a pistol that isn't the case.  Don't assume that the PF is the same with two different types of guns.

4 hours ago, Orbit said:

Ever seen the JP barrel cut open with over a dozen 147gr bullets lodged in it?

Heavy bullets, small charges of fast powder and long barrels are a recipe for that kind of thing. 

5 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

Ever seen the JP barrel cut open with over a dozen 147gr bullets lodged in it?

Heavy bullets, small charges of fast powder and long barrels are a recipe for that kind of thing. 

The record is 24 rounds stuck in the gun.

Take a look at JP Rifles' post about loading for PCC.  They recommend to be very careful with heavy bullets and small amounts of fast powder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEkSPidQpdA&t=330s