Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite load for your PCC?

Guys, if you have not tried Shooters World Clean Shot in your PCC you are missing out. I will try and take a picture of my comp after 3 matches using this powder. You do get some small goldish particles down in the lower but it is no where near as dirty as most of the other fast powders like TG. It burns really clean and is comparable to 231 as far as burn rate is concerned. It also meters like water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scorpion load for 16" barrel : 

3.0 Autocomp with 147 Bayou comes in at 125PF. I tested 105, 120, 124, 147 and 160. This load gave me the least dot bounce at 25 yards. OAL is 1.160. I use Fiocchi SPP.

This has proved totally reliable in USPSA matches to date. In fact I have only cleaned the gun once since buying it a year ago. 

The only issue - 147 Bayou don't run well in the CZC extensions. They bulge too much. The problem goes away with the Taylor Freelannce extension.

Looking for suggestions on loading 9mm for PCC. Im using 124gr coated lead, VV N320, and a JP Barrel. Anyone got a suggestion that works well for them? My JP's chamber is really long, wondering on what OAL to go with.
I'm using 135g Bayou RN coated bullets over 3.1g of e3. The OAL is 1.12 which is driven by getting reliable magazine feeding; Taylor Freelance extensions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have shot Winchester White Box ammo (115gr FMJ) that is commonly 1.165 - 1.170 long, through my Glock/TF mags, with my JP13, with no problems at all. 

The mags and rifle function perfectly at this length, although I would caution going any longer than that as there is not much room left in the magazines.

Psa 16" 

tacfire bcg w/wieght removed 

MBX buffer system 

MBX Fang

hiperfire 24c

taccom small muzzle break 

3.5 Titegroup under a 124gr RMR RN also. 3.8 Titegroup under a 115gr RMR RN depends on what Bullets I have at the time. 

Both loads you can feel in the shoulder but  the dot barely moves. 20yd Bill Drill is with in 6" and .18-.20 splits 

Edited by Bwilmot

1. PCC details, barrel length, brand and mods?   JP GMR-15 14.5 barrel with pinned 3-port comp

2. Bullet weight, type and brand? 115 RN Blue Bullet

3. Powder and charge weight? 3.8 Titegroup

4. Primers? CCI Small Pistol

5. OAL? 1.150

6. Reliability? 100%

7. Accuracy? TBD

8. How does it shoot? Soft? Snappy? Slightly snappy

9. Split times? Below 0.15

10. Dot movement? Minimal

I started with 3.4 Titegroup with a 125g RN Blue Bullet (everything else the same). While it feels soft, it had a more "push" feel to it. When I tried the 115 with 3.8 Titegroup, the GMR felt as it ran faster and the dot moved less. 

I'm now working on accuracy loads with different bullet manufacturers (Bayou 115 RNs and Xtreme 115 RN HPCB) in addition to reducing leading of the comp (not sure if Blue Bullets with Titegroup related). Hopefully the Xtreme HPCB or Bayou work out to reduce leading. I've used Bayou for years in Limited and would rather use them due to costs; however, accuracy will be key.

Edited by Roons

Anyone have a few loads for a GMR-13/15 for a PD 115g JHP with titegroup?    Roons should be close.     I'm thinking about switching bullets, or should I stick with JHP?   new to this pcc game.    Seems as if the RN/FMJ seems to be more of the goto over the JHP.

Edited by jtrump

I would start with Roons's load and chrono.  I think that I may have the slowest barrel in history, so my charge weights might not be safe in a "normal" barrel.  

I started with 4.0 TG and a 115 FMJ @ 1.155" and it was way too slow, but it was a good starting point.  

You also want to load the JHP's shorter than FMJ because of the profile.  

1. AR9, 16" Faxon, NERD Comp, Taccom BCG, Blitzkrieg buffer, limited bolt travel too
2. Xtreme 124
3. 3.7 WSF
4. S&B
5. 1.14
6. 100% reliable
7. Haven't really tried for groups but it seems to be doing well
8. Shoots pretty soft. Not all that snappy
9. NA
10. Easy to track as it goes high right and snaps back to center.

1. MPX w 8" barrel and KVP Linear Comp
2. Xtreme 147
3. 3.7 WSF
4. S&B
5. 1.14
6. 100% reliable
7. Again haven't shot groups but it's doing well
8. It's an MPX ... It's soft no matter what!
9. NA
10. Dot really just vibrates

Disclaimer ... I have no clue what PF these are doing in the PCCs. The 147 load is my normal uspsa/3gun load that makes a 130-132 in our M&Ps. If you noticed I just swap the heads from 147 to 124 for the AR9 as the dot tracking was simply better. I can also run the 124s in my MPX and it's stupidly soft.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 10/17/2017 at 7:25 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Anyone have a good 124 grain load they like for there Sig MPX? I am using 115's right now but want to try some 124's or close to that. Thanks, Eric

124 PD JHP @ 1.12 with 4.3 of HP38 is the cats ass out of an MPX with a taccom comp.  Stupid flat and 140 pf

34 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

124 PD JHP @ 1.12 with 4.3 of HP38 is the cats ass out of an MPX with a taccom comp.  Stupid flat and 140 pf

1.12??  Any particular reason why so short or just because?  I'm headed out for some HP38 on Monday.  

9 minutes ago, Neomet said:

Cool.  I have run my 115s and 121s at 1.135 and 1.145 and neither touches the lands.  I was wondering if it was maybe for better feeding, but I was just pulling that out of the air.  

When I got my JP I did not have a press set up to load 9mm, so I went to Wally World and purchased 1,000 rds of 115gr FMJ WWB.  In the bulk packs that is loaded to 1.160 and, to my surprise, that works great in the mags and rifle.  JP's are known for deep chambers and those were no problem.  When I set-up the press, I left the OAL alone and it has worked great. YMMV.

1. GMR with blitzkrief buffer system
2. Precision Delta 115 JHP
3. 4.3g Titegroup
4. Win
5. 1.145
6. 100% reliable
7. Can shoot out a pasty at 25 yards when you turn the dot down
8. Titegroup has a little pop, the buffer system helps but the dot tracks great
9. NA
10. Nice up and down dot movement.

I'm wanting to try some WSF

Edited by jtrump

I think I’ve found my steel load for my taccom ULW with Jp SCS (3 steel weights, 1 tungsten, green spring, h11 smalley spring)

124 rn bayou

3.2gr n320

1.12 oal

I ran a full steel match yesterday without any hiccups and it shot soft and flat. I also loaded up some bayou 147’s with 2.7gr but did not try it because the 124’s were fantastic!

For both of my PCC's. Taccom ULW with his light buffer and JP 14.5 barrel with pinned JP tactical comp with same Taccom ULW buffer. 

Steel load: 2.9grs Titegroup, 115gr SNS Casting RN, 1.12OAL Very soft, accurate, and reliable.

USPSA load: 3.1grs Titegroup, 147gr SNS Casting RN, 1.12OAL. Red dot bounces a little more in the Taccom, but super soft in the JP barrel.

gerritm

9 hours ago, nickbfishn said:

I think I’ve found my steel load for my taccom ULW with Jp SCS (3 steel weights, 1 tungsten, green spring, h11 smalley spring)

124 rn bayou

3.2gr n320

1.12 oal

I ran a full steel match yesterday without any hiccups and it shot soft and flat. I also loaded up some bayou 147’s with 2.7gr but did not try it because the 124’s were fantastic!

what pf are you making with this load? Im working on my 125gr with 1.130 oal and 3.8gr n320. I'm hoping to land somewhere near 140pf with this on a 14.5" JP barrel. 

7 minutes ago, KzBoost said:

what pf are you making with this load? Im working on my 125gr with 1.130 oal and 3.8gr n320. I'm hoping to land somewhere near 140pf with this on a 14.5" JP barrel. 

I have not chrono’d them yet as I made them strictly for steel. However, I suspect they’ll be at about 115-120pf.

The rounds I made up for matches is the same as yours except mine are 1.12oal. I made these up based on a buddy who shoots production XDM with a 5.25” Barrel and he makes 130+/- so I suspect mine will be very similar. 

That load oit of your barrel should eaily hit 140, I would guess closer to 145.

11 minutes ago, nickbfishn said:

I have not chrono’d them yet as I made them strictly for steel. However, I suspect they’ll be at about 115-120pf.

The rounds I made up for matches is the same as yours except mine are 1.12oal. I made these up based on a buddy who shoots production XDM with a 5.25” Barrel and he makes 130+/- so I suspect mine will be very similar. 

That load oit of your barrel should eaily hit 140, I would guess closer to 145.

Thanks for the info!

Any reason you're loading 1.120 and not longer? I was told to load as long as possible as long as it passes plunk test and feeds well.

Edited by KzBoost