Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite load for your PCC?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, STIboy said:

Mine didn't seem to like either 147 or 165 gr heads.  Settled on 124 gr ones, and it seems happy with them.

As always, YMMV.

Cool, I am going to take a long lunch today and try a variety of loads

I didnt have any 124s loaded but I tried 115, 147 and 165. All ran fine recoil impulse was less with the heavier. However the 147's "felt" better then 165 But I didnt have time for accuracy testing. I need some 124 to try.

I chrono'd everything and I was a bit to much over minor in all my loads. So some work up to do

• 2 months later...

Friends,

I am about to buy the PWS PCC Carbine in 9.5" barrel. Do you think guys that this is enough for PCC competition? it uses glock mags and can be found on pws website.

No available 16" barrel in here (Canada).

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My new Steel Challenge Load:

1. PCC details, barrel length, brand and mods?

NFA lower & Side Charging upper, Taccom ULW barrel & Carbon handguard, Taccom Extreme bolt (weight removed), Blitzkrieg 9007 buffer, JP .308 Carbine spring, .4” 25lb wave spring with spracer ring between springs

2. Bullet weight, type and brand?

100gr coated RN Bullet Racer projectile

3. Powder and charge weight?

3.4gr Titegroup equals about 100PF

4. Primers?

Winchester SPP

5. OAL?

1.06”

6. Reliability?

100%

7. Accuracy?

Accurate enough to double tap 10” plates at 18 yards with about 2” groups

8. How does it shoot? Soft? Snappy?

A little snappy, but recoil is still light

9. Split times?

.10/.11 are very common

10. Dot movement?

Virtually none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, BiggMike said:

Since I just got my JP GMR-15; I have switched my load. I am now running a new load:

124GR MG JHP

3.8GR N320 @ 1.130

PF OOA 135

22 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Why the switch?

Curious as well, I have a JP barrel ordered and don't really know what to expect.

1 minute ago, STIboy said:

FWIW, I've got a GMR-13, and found that it likes 115 and 124 grain heads, but the 147 grain heads don't group as tightly.  Used N320, N350, and HS-6.

Thanks, I plan on using 124s, just not sure how the speed of the barrel compares to the one I have. I liked the JP because of the longer freebore.

13 minutes ago, SWprotected said:

Thanks, I plan on using 124s, just not sure how the speed of the barrel compares to the one I have. I liked the JP because of the longer freebore.

My experience so far with the -13 is that the velocity estimates off of the Vihtavouri web site are slower than what I see for the rifle with a given load, but the results with HS-6 seem a bit faster.  Need more time and test loads to quantify this better.

Ran 115 gr. Hornady HAP bullets in front of N320 this weekend, and it it ran just fine.  Using the new short stroke buffer, the GMR-13 allowed double taps at reasonably short range, and was still very accurate at longer ranges.

5 minutes ago, BiggMike said:

My HS-6 load was a little stout in my GMR-15 and it was very dirty. The N320 ran a lot cleaner and it is more of a push. My dot barely moves and it is accurate.

I use HS 6 in my open 40 and it is dirty but runs really good.  N320 for my GMR13 that like 115RN at 4.0grs.

1 minute ago, pbc44 said:

I use HS 6 in my open 40 and it is dirty but runs really good.  N320 for my GMR13 that like 115RN at 4.0grs.

I use HS-6 for 9 Major open gun and love it. At low pressure it is really dirty; in my open gun it is not that bad.

I use the same load for my pistol that use for 3 gun and limited minor. 3.1gr of titegroup, Berry’s 147rn loaded to 1.130. Get about 138pf in the PCC and 130pf in the handgun. When I’m out of titegroup I might try N320, wanting something that’s a bit cleaner burning so I can cut back on all the cleaning.

• 8 months later...
On 9/3/2017 at 7:23 AM, Xanatos903 said:

1. KAK Industries 16" barrel, Colt Mag lower, Hiperfire 24c, ebay 9mm brake

2. 147gr Rocky Mountain Reloading plated RN. I've also loaded with their FP and HP because the RN weren't available all the time. 

3. 3.8gr CFE Pistol. Comes out to 1000 fps from my PCC, 915 from my G34. 

4. S&B SPP

5. 1.10" for RN, 1.08" for FP and HP

6. 100% with RN and HP, occasional failures to fire (no mark on primer) with FP. The only thing I can figure is that the FP have a slightly different profile, and occasionally one gets jammed into the lands, keeping the gun slightly out of battery and preventing the hammer from actually striking the FP. A lot of people have these failures to fire with PCCs, and the short throats on them is the only thing I can associate with these failures. 

7. I've never benched my rifle, but it does well enough for headshots at 25 yards offhand. 

8. Very soft with 147s. If you go too light on the charge the gun can feel sluggish, but I can hammer out pretty quick splits with this setup. 

9. I should have looked at the timer at the last match, but some of my splits were around the .15 mark for sure. 

10. Minimal. The brake didn't make a difference with dot movement at all. I instead tuned my load to a point where the rifle cycled well but still recoiled soft. If I wanted to totally remove all dot movement, I'd start looking at different buffer setups. 

I run a similar load. 

JP Rifles 16" barrel with a JP Rifles Titanium muzzle brake

147gr. Berry's plated RN bullets. 

3.8gr. of CFE Pistol

1.115", 940fps

The recoil is very light, but does feel "sluggish" (good description) and only throws the brass ~5-6 feet.) I assume because the powder is a little slower burning (considered a "medium" speed burning powder.) I may bump it a 1/10 or two and see if that helps.

Edited by benlineberry
On 8/2/2018 at 7:40 PM, Orbit said:

Friends,

I am about to buy the PWS PCC Carbine in 9.5" barrel. Do you think guys that this is enough for PCC competition? it uses glock mags and can be found on pws website.

No available 16" barrel in here (Canada).

Thanks.

Not really relevant to this post BUT yes a short barrel will be good for competition in terms of maneuverability on tighter stages. Accuracy will be fine too; once you tune your load and buffer system to your liking with that short barrel, it'll be great

I had been using 4.0- 4.1 Gr of Winchester 231 @ 1.125-1.130 OAL with Precision deltas 124 Gr JHP for my 8” barreled MPX. I had since switched to 4.0 Gr of Sport Pistol @ 1.121-1.125 OAL with Precision delta’s 124 Gr JHP.
Any benefit with Sport Pistol to Win 231?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk