Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a new sand bag

CPD7119

7 hours ago, eric.goodwin.376 said:

Game changer is my favorite but the thunderbird long range bag looks to be a pretty solid bag also. Depending on the use you are thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a link for the Thunderbird long range bag? I’m not finding it with a simple search on Google. Thanks, J

I (my mother) made mine.  I got some waterproof fabric (looks like tyvek) and plastic beads from the fabric store.  Drew up a template that was similar in shape to an Armageddon Gear Xwing, cut the fabric, sewed it up leaving a corner open, flipped it inside out like a sock, then filled it up.  Put a length of paracord in the corner in a loop, and sewed it shut.  I had enough to make a couple bags for under $10 and it took longer to buy the stuff than to do it.

My mom really got into it.  It's not often that I come to her with something I'm lost on, and she is an expert.

7 hours ago, editedforsafety said:

I (my mother) made mine.  I got some waterproof fabric (looks like tyvek) and plastic beads from the fabric store.  Drew up a template that was similar in shape to an Armageddon Gear Xwing, cut the fabric, sewed it up leaving a corner open, flipped it inside out like a sock, then filled it up.  Put a length of paracord in the corner in a loop, and sewed it shut.  I had enough to make a couple bags for under $10 and it took longer to buy the stuff than to do it.

My mom really got into it.  It's not often that I come to her with something I'm lost on, and she is an expert.

That's really cool.  I don't have anybody with the sewing skills to help me pull this off, unfortunately.

look no further than Armageddon Gear out of Georgia. Great American, retired military, great shooter and supporter of our sport.....Tom Fuller. Tons of products. My favorite bags are Game Changer, Fat Bag  and Squishy Bag. These will do it all. Great sling options also for carbines and precision rifles.

49 minutes ago, 2alphas said:

look no further than Armageddon Gear out of Georgia. Great American, retired military, great shooter and supporter of our sport.....Tom Fuller. Tons of products. My favorite bags are Game Changer, Fat Bag  and Squishy Bag. These will do it all. Great sling options also for carbines and precision rifles.

I’d love an Armageddon game changer, but I’m not convinced I’m in love enough to spend $120 on it.

Armageddon Gear fan boy here, as well. They are running a 15% discount for the holiday. Must haves: Game Changer in waxed canvas, Fat Bag in large, and Squishy bag. These will do it all.

The PRS sling with cuff and 2to1 carbine sling are also great choices.

Do any of these places sell the bags unfilled?  I almost bought a Game Changer and was turned off when I saw another $25 added on for shipping.  Same with all of these I’m sure...

EDIT TO ADD:  LMAO!!!!  This seven pound bag of fill with free shipping on Amazon Prime literally says it's for use in Game Changer bags in the description AND the URL!!!!  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EKCOATA?aaxitk=lCQiNpZsAYqSk98O0TncXA&pd_rd_i=B01EKCOATA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=54dc821a-0937-4e6f-9da9-f8dd5443145d&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=Polypropylene+Pellets&hsa_cr_id=2007452720801&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=Victory Pellets (7 Pounds) Plastic Pellets for Weighted Blankets%2C Rock Tumbling%2C Reborn Dolls%2C Stuffed Bears%2C Crafts%2C Draft Stoppers and Game Changer Bags. Machine Washable %26 Dryable. Made in USA.&sb-ci-a=B01EKCOATA 

Edited by jkrispies

Found a Game Changer on OpticsPlanet!!!!  Between my $15 off coupon code and free shipping, I was able to pick up a Game Changer for $93 delivered.  Since it's OP I'm not expecting it to arrive in the mail anytime soon, but it will be a great buy when it does show!

On 9/3/2018 at 8:21 PM, jkrispies said:

Do any of these places sell the bags unfilled?  I almost bought a Game Changer and was turned off when I saw another $25 added on for shipping.  Same with all of these I’m sure...

EDIT TO ADD:  LMAO!!!!  This seven pound bag of fill with free shipping on Amazon Prime literally says it's for use in Game Changer bags in the description AND the URL!!!!  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EKCOATA?aaxitk=lCQiNpZsAYqSk98O0TncXA&pd_rd_i=B01EKCOATA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=54dc821a-0937-4e6f-9da9-f8dd5443145d&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=Polypropylene+Pellets&hsa_cr_id=2007452720801&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=Victory Pellets (7 Pounds) Plastic Pellets for Weighted Blankets%2C Rock Tumbling%2C Reborn Dolls%2C Stuffed Bears%2C Crafts%2C Draft Stoppers and Game Changer Bags. Machine Washable %26 Dryable. Made in USA.&sb-ci-a=B01EKCOATA 

I dont know why the shipping is so much as the label on the box I got said 7lbs which with UPS rates should only be 9.00 or so

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 6:50 PM, 2alphas said:

Plus they have the funniest videos to promote their products. They make great gear but obviously don't take themselves too seriously.

Edited by IHMSA15151

• 4 months later...
On 8/30/2017 at 1:54 AM, CPD7119 said:

I'm wanting to get a new rear rest. The one i currently use has some holes and is leaking, sadly it's on its last leg. What is everyone using and what would you recommend? Rifle is an AI AT if it matters. Thanks in advance

This is a great article on lightweight bags

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/12/18/rifle-shooting-bags/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a game changer that I bought during a holiday sale, 15% off- also a small triangular TRIAD bag which is helpful in some cases. Wife made me a squishy bag- 7X9X11" and I filled it with poly fill from Walmart- cost was about $15. Got tired of paying $100 for a bag.