Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Grips

GB3

5 minutes ago, warpcorps said:

Here you go - these were cut specifically for my magwell, so the bottom edge looks a little flat (like it was cut off). Hemming has since made a shorter version that has a rounded edge on the bottom. This is the CZC magwell - I spoke with him the other day and he is also producing a set for the CZ factory magwell / Tac Sport Orange. The CZ magwell mounts differently so the grips are a tad bit shorter than the CZC magwell. 558c5a7aa8103a895d76e5533cdfc458.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that. I emailed him about the TSO ones and am waiting to hear back. How do you like the grips? So far I’ve tried the factory orange grips, lok palm swell and vz diamond backs and the vz was the best but a little palm swell would be nice. The lok palm swell was too much.  Thanks again 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that. I emailed him about the TSO ones and am waiting to hear back. How do you like the grips? So far I’ve tried the factory orange grips, lok palm swell and vz diamond backs and the vz was the best but a little palm swell would be nice. The lok palm swell was too much.  Thanks again 

They are awesome! I was using the CZ custom aggressive grips (lemon grater) before these and I like these better. They have the right amount of grippiness, without poking your skin.

On 3/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, Fantom919 said:

How come there's no checkering at the top part of the grip? Do people usually not apply pressure in their grip on that part? (Makes me rethink my grip now..)

I feel the same way. Also, as Rowdy mentioned, I wish these grips and other CZ/Tanfo grips would extend up a bit.

I put most of my grip pressure right there, too.

16 hours ago, warpcorps said:

They are awesome! I was using the CZ custom aggressive grips (lemon grater) before these and I like these better. They have the right amount of grippiness, without poking your skin.

What did you find was more aggressive, the lemons or the Hennings?

What did you find was more aggressive, the lemons or the Hennings?

The lemons are more aggressive from a pure leave marks in your skin perspective. The Henning grips feel better and provide just as much control.
The ones here are smooth on the top, the ones I have on the Tac Sport are checkered a the way. I like the full checkering better.

1 hour ago, warpcorps said:

The lemons are more aggressive from a pure leave marks in your skin perspective. The Henning grips feel better and provide just as much control.
The ones here are smooth on the top, the ones I have on the Tac Sport are checkered a the way. I like the full checkering better.

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it.

Best grips on the market! Like they were designed perfectly by a real shooter or something?:bow: Worth every penny, no more grip tape. Oh ya, then there's the basepads, texture machined into the underside.

IMG_4561.PNG

5 hours ago, el pres said:

Best grips on the market! Like they were designed perfectly by a real shooter or something?:bow: Worth every penny, no more grip tape. Oh ya, then there's the basepads, texture machined into the underside.

IMG_4561.PNG

Wow that looks good

On 8/31/2017 at 7:02 PM, GB3 said:

I pulled a set off the prize table and now I'm debating buying the SP-01 to go with them, since they are so highly regarded. They're also 20% of the cost of the pistol, so I'm pretty sure I can convince myself I'm getting some sort of discount and/or deal.

Let me know if you decide to sell the grips...

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, joshuasm said:

Can anyone compare them directly to the VZ grips with palm swells?

yes, as i used to have 3 pairs of vz palm swells, tactical diamond back pattern. i now have two pairs of hennings, with the texture all the way up.

the vz palm swell is a little rounder and a little more pronounced. the vz texture is "pokey". the vz grips extend a tiny bit higher up the frame.

the henning palm swell is a little more angular. the henning texture is high friction. the henning grips have more area textured along the edges of the grip closer to the frame.

perfect world? I'd like the henning to go as high as the vz and the shape to be just slightly rounder/fuller in the palm swell area. but even after 3 years on the vz grips i took to the hennings instantly. i like them, even at the price point.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:38 PM, Richc2048 said:

I have them on my shadow 2's. Very good grips. I don't need as much pro grip as I was using before.

Which do you prefer, full checkered or not?  I really like the look of the grips that aren't fully checkered, but I'm not spending that kind of money for looks alone so if the checkering is the better option for grip...

Edited by clw42

On 5/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, joshuasm said:

Can anyone compare them directly to the VZ grips with palm swells?

If the Hennings were just a touch wider, or perhaps shaped like the VZs, they'd be perfect. But I'm sticking with my VZs. I'm not willing to drop that kind of coin for grips that are thinner. 

The VZ shape/width is perfect; the Henning texture is perfect. Maybe somebody will get the two to intersect. If texture is more important to you,  and price doesn't matter, you will probably want the Hennings. 

10 hours ago, Sliv2 said:

If the Hennings were just a touch wider, or perhaps shaped like the VZs, they'd be perfect. But I'm sticking with my VZs. I'm not willing to drop that kind of coin for grips that are thinner. 

The VZ shape/width is perfect; the Henning texture is perfect. Maybe somebody will get the two to intersect. If texture is more important to you,  and price doesn't matter, you will probably want the Hennings. 

You may try giving Henning a call. He may be able to fix something up for you.

19 hours ago, Sliv2 said:

Great description - you and Rowdy may have saved me over $100.

I love how the VZ’s feel, enough swell/real estate to them and also flat enough to help index the gun... but the fit is a little “off”. The grips flex a little too much during handling but I might fit them with some epoxy. 

Also the tactical diamonds from VZ are perfect for 9MM minor in my opinion - I never fully bought into razor sharp checkering or sandpaper grit jobs. 

I put a pair on my Stock 2.  The original Stock 2 grips were a little too round for me.  The Hennings brought the grips down to where I like it.  The texture is a bonus.  The grips for the Stock 2 have the non-textured area at the top.  I wasn't sure if I would miss the texture there, but I don't.  I'll probably get a pair for my Shadow 2 eventually and I'll probably get the non-textured top.

For me, grips are not about looks and beauty, they are about fit and aggressiveness. I have never tried the Henning grips, but they look like the checkered aluminum panels for the CZ and I am not impressed with the agressiveness of the checkering, you want it to bite into your hand and they do not, however, I cannot account for the henning grips, but they seem the same. I went for the Scales 2.0 and although they are fugly, with their spikes and pockets they are locked in your grip, even with sweaty palms. I am hoping that I can see the Henning grips at a match so that I can get the feel of them as they do make excellent products. Their mounts are exceptional in design and fit!