Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some help on a decision on 9mm tanfoglio Limited or a DVC STI 9mm

Gridlock

Im in the same boat here.....I currently own a Stock 2 in 9mm and I love it ......but there is something about those STI DVC that makes you look into them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/28/2017 at 11:35 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Bevin Grams can still do it in under a week and isn't in Texas, is he?

He did mine. Had the barrel back Friday. Priority Mailed it to Grams Engineering that Monday.

Bevin is based in Southern California. I second this, turn around time has been nothing short of speedy, I didnt even have to miss a weekend match lol

The Elite Limiteds just got imported again. I just bought on finally, only took 8 months to find. STI DVC 3 Gun is 3 time the price, and the 2011 mags are way more expensive. It's the hot gun, but some of the best pistol shooters in the US/World run the Tanfoglio not 2011's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JordanGriffith said:

The Elite Limiteds just got imported again. I just bought on finally, only took 8 months to find. STI DVC 3 Gun is 3 time the price, and the 2011 mags are way more expensive. It's the hot gun, but some of the best pistol shooters in the US/World run the Tanfoglio not 2011's

Did you get the extreme elite.if so how do you like it 

13 minutes ago, Gridlock said:

Did you get the extreme elite.if so how do you like it 

I don't see how the extreme can be worth the price difference. 

The base Limited is a great gun.  The trigger is great out of the box.  Insanely accurate.  Add grips, magwell, better front sight, and basepads and you are set.

Mine has ran like a top.

6 hours ago, JordanGriffith said:

In production, THE best at the world shoot ran a Tanfo.

Ok so i went and bout a xtreme witness lol . i couldn't help my self plus lot of guys at my club has the old still and i like to stand out a little . tha ks guys for the help. 

Now any one know of a 3 gun holster for it ?

1 hour ago, bulm540 said:

Need to get me one of the RHTs .

They're pretty affordable if you only need the body and have a BOSS hanger. Just order it "drilled for bladetech" on their website - the boss hanger uses the bladetech tek-lok hole pattern.

With the second layer added, it's pretty amazingly stiff. Both my Walther Q5 holster and my Stock3's were a better fit than the 12-15 Comptac and BladeTech holsters I've owned.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/8/2017 at 5:25 AM, Gridlock said:

Ok iam thinking of dropping down to 9mm

I owen a tanfoglio witness Limited 40.

I woukd like to go to 9mm becouse i dont shoot enough of competition to do 40 or anything really big mostly local.

So i still like thr witness but my friend that i bout the 40 from said there is or was a problem with the 9 mm

Not chambering up right if to long .

Do you know if they are still like that or not.

Or go with a sti 9mm dvc 

Need help with pros and cons 

my shot 100000 through it in 2 years, for 1 month ago it has broken extractor and there was everything that is changed in it for now. I have never regretted my purchase and bought second one :D