Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the state of the union? (Not political)

RevolverJockey

3 hours ago, MWP said:

Yep, mailed 9mm that won't go bang in a revo, so it looks like I'm not bringing revos.

Steel Challenge is the most pure form of shooting I think. Switching divisions in USPSA means completely switching games. Comparing steel times should give a shooter a direct idea of what they are capable of, not the gun. 

Of course, time spent on that gun is applicable, so I might actually be slower...

I've done this a time or two and my revo times always prevail.  The time spent comment you made is the biggest reason.

Revolver Jockey, where are you looking to move to. In my area we get anywhere from 3 or 4 revolver shooters a month at USPSA up to 10 or 12, depending who shows and what they feel like shooting. East Coast Regional ICORE will see 30-40 shooters, a local monthly indoor ICORE match gets from 7 to 15 shooters at times. I am proud to say we have an extremely talented pool of revolver shooters in our area that are great to learn from and make a lot of auto shooters jealous. Talking to others from outside my area, some places are lucky to see 2 or 3 revolvers a month.

I agree with Seanc, a lot are intimidated by revolvers with the extra reloads, more challenging stages planning, and heavier trigger pull. It amazes me though, the amount of people that I talk to that say they want to try a revolver one day. I know most won't but I think people see how much fun it can be after watching guys like Alec and MWP.

Tucson
If yo want to take the journey over to Phoenix one weekend, you're more than welcome to run my rig in some matches. We have plenty to choose from and I have plenty of ammo.
The last 2 months revolves around during up everywhere because of 3 big matches coming up this month and the following 2.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You're not going to find many revolver shooters at the two clubs in the Tucson area.  Not sure about Phoenix, as I haven't been to a club match there in quite a while.  I usually shoot single stack or revo here, and I'm typically the only revo shooter when I choose to shoot it.  The majority shoot limited, production, and open. (Not necessarily in that order).

Your selection of revo attended matches in PHX will be better, and its not too long of a drive if you live on the Northwest side of Tucson.

There is a once a month ICORE match in Tucson and Phoenix (Maybe more in PHX).  The ICORE state match, and the Western States Revo Match.

Well, some ammo issues with the auto guns that I don't have time to solve are pushing me back to revos for next weekend. 

I'm not really that upset actually, I'd rather shoot the revolvers, just have to push hard in limited and open against the autos.