Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sources of knowledge

Djp55

I know this topic has been asked, but I think it is helpful to ask again for something like this as new info can be out there. I'll be traveling a lot and won't be able to shoot much for the next month or so, so I'm looking to keep my head in the game by upping my knowledge base. I have read Anderson, Bassham, and currently working my way through Enos. I listen to Anderson and Stoeger podcasts. I'm looking for books and podcasts that can help me keep gathering knowledge. I know the Stoeger books are supposed to be good, but I'm under the understanding they're mostly dry fire drills, which don't help me too much without gear. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Scroll through this forum .  Think of a topic/skill that you want to learn more about and type it in. I've done this many a times, and usually find a question and answers that I'm looking for. YouTube is another great tool for us shooters.  When searching YouTube though you must consider WHO you are watching. I know I've learned a great deal from watching some of Max Michel and Jerry Miculek's videos.  There's a ton more great shooters that have great channels,  but those 2 happen to come to mind.  They do a decent job at explaining what and WHY.. the WHY part is what I like to know.  Hope this helps.

I've read Stoeger's fundamentals book, and I'm working my way through his dryfire manual.  As far as podcasts, I've become a loyal fan of the Triangle Tactical podcast.  The host is an A-class production shooter from North Carolina who is a fantastic ambassador to the sport.  In my opinion, his show is a must-listen for new shooters.

18 hours ago, HalfBastard said:

I've read Stoeger's fundamentals book, and I'm working my way through his dryfire manual.  As far as podcasts, I've become a loyal fan of the Triangle Tactical podcast.  The host is an A-class production shooter from North Carolina who is a fantastic ambassador to the sport.  In my opinion, his show is a must-listen for new shooters.

I can second this podcast, very good show. I also listen to Steven Anderson's, Ben Stoger's, and Shannon Smith's shows.

Thanks for the additional podcast recommendations all, got a ton downloaded to see how I like them. Appreciate the insight, still open to more suggestions especially around books