Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Gen 5

matt7184

I know what I think from a sample of two and a few loads in my hand , but I know what that’s worth ;)

I think factually speaking we can say the barrels were designed at an extra cost for Glock to meet the 90% 50 rounds within 4 inches at 50 meters MHS standard. If they thought the regular barrels would meet that, why would they waste the money?

I would also not be surprised if someone’s particular earlier model Glock, shot some particular load as well or better than a particular Glock with the “new” style rifling.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, JLB-US said:

I know what I think from a sample of two and a few loads in my hand , but I know what that’s worth ;)

I think factually speaking we can say the barrels were designed at an extra cost for Glock to meet the 90% 50 rounds within 4 inches at 50 meters MHS standard. If they thought the regular barrels would meet that, why would they waste the money?

I would also not be surprised if someone’s particular earlier model Glock, shot some particular load as well or better than a particular Glock with the “new” style rifling.

You’re logic behind the MHS standard makes sense. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, NWfront said:

I upgraded mine to a factory extended (08794).  It's a small increase but seems to do the trick.  

I think that’s what comes on the 34 from the factory. Seem to need a bit more than it provides. 

3 hours ago, hlpressley said:

I think that’s what comes on the 34 from the factory. Seem to need a bit more than it provides. 

Both my Gen 4&5 had the standard (7534) release installed from the factory. The extended is only a +.75mm difference with a bit larger radius on the corner. 

The Vickers release is nice as well. 

11 hours ago, hlpressley said:

Ah, good to know. I thought the 34’s came with the extended version. Thanks for the clarification, I will give the 08794 a try.