Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schuemann Barrel company

Justinmac13

21 hours ago, Blurryvisions said:

Schuemann made the best barrels hands down.

That's pretty subjective.  There are plenty others that are just as good, if not better: Bar-Sto, Nowlin, Kart, SV, KKM, etc.  As for Schuemann, if he's still alive, he must be way up there in age.  Last time I saw him was probably 20+ years ago, and I'd guess he was mid-60s or older then.

1 minute ago, ltdmstr said:

That's pretty subjective.  There are plenty others that are just as good, if not better: Bar-Sto, Nowlin, Kart, SV, KKM, etc.  As for Schuemann, if he's still alive, he must be way up there in age.  Last time I saw him was probably 20+ years ago, and I'd guess he was mid-60s or older then.

that pretty subjective to...SV yes, the rest nope... and no one supported USPSA like scheumann either...

6 hours ago, Blurryvisions said:

that pretty subjective to...SV yes, the rest nope... and no one supported USPSA like scheumann either...

I'm not sure what supporting USPSA has to do with barrel quality.  If you have some facts to back it up, that would be helpful.

11 hours ago, Blurryvisions said:

appears this thread has reached "peak fanboi"  
Tell us why they are superior to the others listed.  

The reason ALL the others are superior to scheumann... 
1. they actually exist.  
2.  see #1

Your turn.  

2 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

appears this thread has reached "peak fanboi"  
Tell us why they are superior to the others listed.  

The reason ALL the others are superior to scheumann... 
1. they actually exist.  
2.  see #1

Your turn.  

👍 Same reason I never got on the ZERO bullet bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

👍 Same reason I never got on the ZERO bullet bandwagon. 

I've been very happy with the KKM barrels in my CK and Cheely pistols.

Thankfully, I've had pretty good luck getting ZERO bullets lately and since they are .02 cents cheaper than MG, I hope my luck continues.

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Thankfully, I've had pretty good luck getting ZERO bullets lately and since they are .02 cents cheaper than MG, I hope my luck continues.

I hope it does too Trace. But I started shooting USPSA IN late 2008 and never saw an actual case of ZEROS until 2014 or so.😂

5 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

.02 cents is $0.0002. That's saving 20 cents per thousand bullets. Not sure that'd be a factor in my decision making process. 

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Pff Id pay $20 per K more not to give Zero any money..   You must be new.

New?  Not hardly.  While I'm no longer (not currently) a high volume shooter, I haven't had an issues getting 147 grain JHPs since I started loading 9mm a couple years ago.  Prior to that I got 180 grain 40S&W  projectiles from Roze or Danny at AAA.  But y'all stay miffed at them, so I can buy my measly 1K a month from them.  LOL

2 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant.

Units matter. 

On another note I've never seen Zeros cheaper than the jhp's I shoot. Including a big group buy where I was quoted a bulk price that didn't beat the base price from mg or pd. 

1 minute ago, theWacoKid said:

Units matter. 

On another note I've never seen Zeros cheaper than the jhp's I shoot. Including a big group buy where I was quoted a bulk price that didn't beat the base price from mg or pd. 

I attempted to save some more pennies a round by buying from RMR.  But their website wouldn't work for either of my cards.  Kept getting strange error messages even when I called them.   I'll stick with Roze until I can't get them.  When and if that happens, I may try MG.  But I didn't see a 147 grain JHP on their site.

From what I see Zeros are not 2 cents cheaper than mg's, they are MORE expensive. No mg doesn't make a 147 jhp but they have a nice flat point cmj.

I shoot mostly jhp 124's and generally by retail pricing the zeros are over 10 cents, mg's under 10 cents, and pd's 9 cents. I don't believe you're saving money with zeros, you're actually spending more. 

Edited by theWacoKid