Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm going to have to sell a brand new shadow 2 but I like it.

jtrump

13 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Here's a picture I made to compare the triggers:

CZTriggers_zps4e2b84aa.jpg.7ca803c311c4c3d76b6f5d6b2b1b3def.jpg

Ok, I'm trying to get all the damn cats herded up here so I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just asking further questions based on the info I was just told.

CGW says that changing to the SP01 trigger will fall in the exact same place as the stock shadow 2 trigger which he said MAYBE might end up in a 1/16th of a difference.

When I look at the picture you made for me "very appreciative"  that looks to me to be well more than a 1/16 of an inch, it's basically the entire trigger width plus a tiny big extra or I'm looking at the grey outlines incorrectly.

Here is another picture for ya. Like i said earlier id recommend the PCR trigger for you just because its the same as the black recurve/sp-01 but with some mild serrations for traction. But any of the recurve triggers are going to make a big difference.

There is a couple other triggers not included in the photo.

AoKKoqp.jpg

Edited by thompsoncustom

4 hours ago, eerw said:

Which is the best/shortest of these?     I'm thinking the 75-recurve is the shortest, but the new 85c is still better than the stock trigger for the shadow2 distance wise, or am I looked at it wrong.

Edited by jtrump

6 hours ago, jtrump said:

CGW says that changing to the SP01 trigger will fall in the exact same place as the stock shadow 2 trigger

I think he is referring to where the trigger rests/falls at DA all the way forward, it is the same place. This is true, the trigger does fall in the same place, but with a more curved trigger, the reach will be less. The trigger will also break closer to the frame.

A trigger that "doesn't fall in the same place" would be their reach reduction kit/trigger....it has a pretravel screw that moves the trigger more rearward in DA so the initial length of pull is shorter.

right but that's not legal when using that one set screw, its just the sear changing the DA a little bit from what I gather

Thanks EERW I think that makes up my decision.  That's the trigger in the 2nd link correct?  cz75 re curve, not the new style.

27 minutes ago, jtrump said:

Thanks EERW I think that makes up my decision.  That's the trigger in the 2nd link correct?  cz75 re curve, not the new style.

correct.

15 hours ago, eerw said:

It kind of looks like the black P01/SP01/recurve trigger is slightly shorter.

21122866_10214368918515616_216201887_o.jpg.dc763ce93d4cdce62d1cedfb69c0a92e.jpg21057143_10214368918875625_2000771152_o.jpg.d11ee7f9a1dee80a51552f3615123a48.jpg

That is awesome info with that photo. Going to put that on my shopping list for when I need to order new parts for the winter refresh.

34 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

@eerwhttps://czcustom.com/cz-75-recurve-trigger-05a.html

Stuart, the description says that it does not have an over travel screw.  Will that result in a mushy trigger?  I've never had a CZ without an over travel screw.

shouldnt be.

all my triggers now are our 85 style trigger without the overtravel screw, similar trigger we are using in our short reach DA kit.

I have grown to hate small screws, they always move. someday, sometime. screws in triggers, screws in action, screws in sights. hate them all ( haha)

Shadow_DSC3768small.jpg.a7e267f24ba45949e869f45831b3581e.jpg

Edited by eerw