Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm going to have to sell a brand new shadow 2 but I like it.

jtrump

I've shot many platforms of guns,  1911's, 2011's, Glock's,Sig...  I don't have gorilla hands, but I do not have small hands either.

Took my new shadow 2 that came from the custom shop with trigger work done.   Trigger feels fabulous!

The problem... USPSA requires hammer fully down.    With a correct grip I can get just my fingertip onto the trigger with hammer down, if I try to squeeze off double action my finger just slips off........

:unsure:???????????????

5 minutes ago, Ken6PPC said:

Trigger Reach Reduction Kit is your answer:  

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rrk-t2-reach-reduction-kit/  

I'd ask to ensure this is still USPSA legal, but I think it is...  

From David's site:  " Is it legal for shooting sports?  No.  The pre-travel set screw installed on the upper area of the trigger is visible.  However, you can use the modified RRK disconnector w/o the upper trigger screw to noticeable reduce the DA stroke. "

2 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

From David's site:  " Is it legal for shooting sports?  No.  The pre-travel set screw installed on the upper area of the trigger is visible.  However, you can use the modified RRK disconnector w/o the upper trigger screw to noticeable reduce the DA stroke. "

English Mr.Atlas I'm like 1 day new to this platform :)....  

How my trigger came tuned if that helps?

CZ75 Disconnector SHRT F-B
Install Short Reset Diss with TJ
CZ Comp Hammer High 16D
Spring Main  / hammer 13lb x1
Install Hammer SA DA

2 minutes ago, jtrump said:

English Mr.Atlas I'm like 1 day new to this platform :)....  

He's saying you can use the reduced reach kit disconnector without the trigger drilled for pretravel adjustment (I suggest the SP01 trigger whichever route you choose)

This is how much finger I get on the trigger with my grip in the right spot,  if I roll my hand around more to the right out of the webbing slightly to where I feel the beaver tail hitting my thumbs last knuckle I can reach it sort of ok.

IMG_2422.jpg

1 minute ago, kneelingatlas said:

He's saying you can use the reduced reach kit disconnector without the trigger drilled for pretravel adjustment (I suggest the SP01 trigger whichever route you choose)

Ahh thank you for the clarification.   is the SP01 trigger a direct replacement?   I've seen "drop in parts before" haha.

7 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

that's all the trigger finger i have on the gun at a DA start.....

I made a video of me trying to pull the trigger back in that position, my finger just slips off 90% of the time, I think i got it back once or twice.

9 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

doesnt change the reach to the trigger though. only the point of the release which will be early.

change to the 85 new style trigger. more curve.

8 minutes ago, eerw said:

doesnt change the reach to the trigger though. only the point of the release which will be early.

change to the 85 new style trigger. more curve.

More curve enough to get a little bit more of my pad of my finger on it?    Again I'm totally new to the platform..  I switched the safeties and field stripped it that's as far as I've gotten.   I woulden't even know what to do or where to get a 85 style trigger,  direct replacement?  polish stuff while I'm in there?  sigh

2 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

Here's a picture I made to compare the triggers:

CZTriggers_zps4e2b84aa.jpg.7ca803c311c4c3d76b6f5d6b2b1b3def.jpg

Thank you very much.   That might not seem like a ton but I believe if that picture is accurate I would feel much better about getting my finger on the trigger more along the lines where I need to.    Is it a direct replacement?   I can polish things inside while doing this, or would it even make a difference.

Shadow 2 trigger provides the longest reach. I have long fingers and use that trigger. The sp01 trigger with the deepest curve/recurve as mentioned would be ideal for you. I know it seems like a minimal difference in the comparison pic but it's huge and very noticeable when shooting. It is production legal.

1 hour ago, Polymer said:

Shadow 2 trigger provides the longest reach. I have long fingers and use that trigger. The sp01 trigger with the deepest curve/recurve as mentioned would be ideal for you. I know it seems like a minimal difference in the comparison pic but it's huge and very noticeable when shooting. It is production legal.

Bingo, thank you all..  I love the feel of the gun  Now to find one of these triggers to buy.

10 hours ago, jtrump said:

Bingo, thank you all..  I love the feel of the gun  Now to find one of these triggers to buy.

Just get a hold of CZ Custom and they will tell you exactly what to buy. EERW is the man there.

Glad they got you figured out. Let us know how it works out. Good luck with the trigger install