Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Australian Shadow 4.925" barrel and CGW 10x bushing

fastlane604

Has anyone tried using the Australian Shadow extended (4.925") barrel with the CGW 10x bushing? Will it fit? I need a new barrel (another story) and I am considering the Australian barrel for a little more velocity. I shoot ESP (CZ 75 Shadow SA) in IDPA. 

Edited by fastlane604
misspelled word

2 hours ago, Ken6PPC said:

The longer barrel works with an Accu bushing doesn't it? 

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/czc-accu-shadow-blk.html  

Is the Accu looser than the CGX 10X bushing?  

I think the Accu-bushing uses less depth into the slide than the 10X. My factory barrel barely fits in the 10X. For a longer barrel you probably need a shallower bushing, a bushing that sits further forward in the slide, or a removable bushing that comes out when you remove the barrel.

16 minutes ago, 858 said:

I think the Accu-bushing uses less depth into the slide than the 10X. My factory barrel barely fits in the 10X. For a longer barrel you probably need a shallower bushing, a bushing that sits further forward in the slide, or a removable bushing that comes out when you remove the barrel.

Hmm... I can't take my barrel out without removing the Accu bushing first.  

Perhaps that is the key... the Accu can be unscrewed, and removed before attempting to remove the barrel.  

Has anyone had one of the Australian match barrels fitted to their Accu-Shadow?