Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip question

xjwalt666

Is there anyone that makes a polymer 2011 grip that is designed like the PT evo? With the back of the grip and the grip safety contoured with it? I like the feel of the cz tso better than the grip on my sti but feel I shoot the sti better. I'd like to see if I can get the grip shape to be like the cz if it would feel better in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You "feel" you shoot the STI better or you DO shoot the STI better? Those are different. Comfort and "fitting" the gun comes secondary to performance. 

To answer your question, no. There are no plastic grips of a different profile that I am aware of. 

I do shoot it better. But I also just recently got the CZ but I like the how the grip fits me better. Maybe I should just leave it alone. I shoot it fine I was going for the comfort now.

Unless it is physically painful for some reason, I wouldn't change it if you shoot it better. We grip these pistols for at most 30 seconds at a time, and not at full tension for the whole time either. Comfort is one of the least important parts of this game. 

On 8/19/2017 at 8:53 AM, Gooldylocks said:

Unless it is physically painful for some reason, I wouldn't change it if you shoot it better. We grip these pistols for at most 30 seconds at a time, and not at full tension for the whole time either. Comfort is one of the least important parts of this game. 

For you it's at most 30 seconds.   Some of us aren't as fast as you are.   :D

I really like the idea of a plastic one as well. Been wanting to swap my sti over for a while now. Do they make the evo grip in aluminum? Or steel only?

I think they do steel, aluminum and titanium.

On 8/25/2017 at 5:30 PM, xjwalt666 said:

I think they do steel, aluminum and titanium.

14 hours ago, moparnut88 said:

I'd be interested to try out the titanium one!

They do not. The Evo is only available in stainless. The "classic" grips are (were?) available in all 3, but not the evo. I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing aluminum at some point though, because not everyone likes that much weight (especially on open guns). 

The Ti version is also wildly expensive. It's a thousand bucks for one. 

They do not. The Evo is only available in stainless. The "classic" grips are (were?) available in all 3, but not the evo. I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing aluminum at some point though, because not everyone likes that much weight (especially on open guns). 

The Ti version is also wildly expensive. It's a thousand bucks for one. 

Ok thnks!! It's going on an open gun and didn't want the weight. I've heard of problems with cracking on other aluminum grips.