Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mantis X, thoughts?

Tacticalpanda

I used mine a few times, not sure if it helps or makes me try things that just cause me more issues. I seem to be better concentrating on my results on my own than with this and the app. I have actually improved more not using it.

I'll echo what Kilrb and Psyops said. Initially I thought it was cool to see the graph and scores but that quickly went away after the 3rd or 4th time playing with it. I got rid of mine already. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the other school that likes it.  Working with it has improved my trigger control, gives me immediate feedback on different grip variations, and has primarily helped me eliminate/reduce the fault I had of tightening the grip/jerking the muzzle down.  I highly recommend it.  I have let numerous other shooters try it out and have observed that better shooters have much better trigger control, and that that skill/level of achievement is attainable with the immediate feedback that the MantisX provides.  My accuracy has already improved with just a couple weeks of challenging and enjoyable practice.

• 1 month later...

I acquired one since it sounded like a great way to improve my one handed and support handed technique. Just being cognizant of my errors, I have improved significantly with one handed shooting, using either hand.

I have used it for dry fire. For live fire it is a little odd, since it’s telling me, I’m not doing well, yet I’m still in the A Zone at the distances I was using it. Live fire seems a bit odd with its analysis. But as a whole, I find it useful for making sure I’m doing things towards improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro