Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Journey of TrackCage

TrackCage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've been a little slow on the updates here. Life has been in the way with the new baby girl, so I have only shot a couple of matches in the last few months. I missed an update after my 8/12 match, so I'll just focus on the most recent, 9/9 match.

Showing the stages in the order they were shot, the first stage of the day was thrown out for steel too close. There were also three hits required on each paper. I didn't do fantastic, but I did have a pretty decent showing so I was bummed that the stage was tossed. I also shot it in a little different order than most which yielded a higher hit factor. Probably the reason I was bummed. Movement was also not as crisp as I would have liked.

The second stage was a train wreck. I did not give as much attention as needed to the steel popper in the first array. I then kept shooting and moving past the steel toward the next target until I had damn near emptied a mag on it. This threw off my plan by causing me to run to slide lock one round sooner than needed. I then moved into position 2 where I could still engage that target and threw another round at it (missed). That target was delta mike, which killed. The rest of the stage was ok (movement still bad), but there was no way to outrun that. Bad stage, move on.

The third stage was a fun one because there were a number of ways to plan it out. I did something a little different by engaging an entire array from the back position. None of the other ten-round guys did this for two reasons: there was a half-size metric from a decent distance away, and you needed to find another spot to engage one of the three front array targets. I was pleased with how this worked out for me, and I was able to shoot that front array target on the move going into the last position. I slowed down too much to get those shots on paper on the move, as I'm still really not comfortable shooting on the move like I should.

The forth stage was the classifier 'Six.' It's been a while since I've had a strong classifier so I was pleased with this performance. All alphas in 3.6 seconds. A little slow to first shot, but a decent score none the less.

In the same bay, there was a second, mini stage where I felt I had a strong run, but just too many charlies. 

The final stage of the day was another where I shot too many charlies, although this time on classic targets - which I practice significantly less. I also almost slipped and fell which slowed me down a bit. The day was long and I was tired by this point.

Overall, I feel like I am getting to the point in the sport where I find more to critique about my runs than I have generally good things to say. I think this is a good thing and will help me get better, although it can be frustrating when you're almost never happy with a run. I seriously need to work on my movement, shooting on the move, shooting at a position more quickly, and general movement related gains. I don't think that faster splits or a draw are where I'm loosing as much as where I am with movement (at least RIGHT NOW). I struggle hard to dry fire, which has only gotten worse with the birth of my daughter. I have no excuse, but I haven't been practicing.

I did finish 2nd in production, but considering who was there I feel I could have (should have) won the division. 

https://practiscore.com/results/new/1cefec80-c1da-44b7-9887-5194438426ad?q_division=6

Edited by TrackCage