Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 minor Tanfo

kujo929

14 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

Bob Vogel should have cleared all this up by now, lol.

Among others.  

I shot the Glock too this year. Shot it well. Again, liked many things about it. Really only thing I didn't like was the mags seemed to stick on me quite a bit.  But that doesn't seem to be a problem for Vogel and others at that level. 

7 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I'm really hoping the Shadow 2  feels more like the Stock 2 when it comes to the trigger.

A buddy tweaked his shad2 and it pops winchester (set deep) with a 5.0# da. He is pretty good with tools, so ymmv. But, i think it's easier to get a quality  trigger in a cz than a tanfo. 

However,  it does feel different than a tanfo's done up trigger. Not "better", different.

My tanfo pops everything with not much heavier a pull than that, although I've never measured it. 

I've never felt a CZ trigger that I would prefer over my gun though. They are heavy to start and then sort of get away from you as the hammer goes back. Don't like it.

That's exactly right.  Given the same trigger pull weight, an “optimized” Tanfo trigger takes less to get started in DA and experiences a slight stack before the wall and break.  A CZ trigger takes more weight up front to get moving then glides right into the wall and break.  I don’t think anyone who’s gripping nice and tight and pressing the trigger relatively hard would significantly notice the characteristic differences of the triggers when the buzzer goes off, though.  I think ergonomics, proper recoil spring weight for your loads, would play a bigger role. 

@waktasz, didn’t know you shot 40 minor in Production. No wonder your videos show hardly any recoil.  Just thought you had some monster grip pressure or something.  Now I know. 

Not a tanfo, but I've run 180gr bullets all the way down to 3.0gr of titegroup. In a Glock with the oal just long enough to fit in the magazine. No spring adjustments or anything. Works just great and like 130 PF.  I don't think you give up anything shooting 40 minor except your hard earned doll hairs when it comes to bullet cost.

I load about half my 40 to major and the other half to minor. This gun is just for fun, however. I don't use it in competition.

12 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

That's exactly right.  Given the same trigger pull weight, an “optimized” Tanfo trigger takes less to get started in DA and experiences a slight stack before the wall and break.  A CZ trigger takes more weight up front to get moving then glides right into the wall and break.  I don’t think anyone who’s gripping nice and tight and pressing the trigger relatively hard would significantly notice the characteristic differences of the triggers when the buzzer goes off, though.  I think ergonomics, proper recoil spring weight for your loads, would play a bigger role. 

@waktasz, didn’t know you shot 40 minor in Production. No wonder your videos show hardly any recoil.  Just thought you had some monster grip pressure or something.  Now I know. 

My stuff is usually around 138 pf, so...