Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer failure

So last Tuesday I had some issues on a couple of stages. I seemed like hammer follow, but the rig had ran flawlessly prior to that shoot.

Today I was at a USPSA match and 2/3rds of the way through my first stage I had a major stoppage. I got it cleared and finished the stage. I took the rig to the safety table and opened it up to discover the Blitzkrieg hydraulic had failed. See pic.

The whole carbine only has about 700 rounds through it. Pretty disappointed that the buffer failed so soon.

So now we get to see how Blitz handles this. I fired off an email with a picture.

DSC_0038 (Copy) (2).JPG

Edited by BigBamBoo

I have one as well, looks like it may have been crimped in place and it just came loose. Please keep us updated just in case others have the same issue.

FYI I bet some green loctite would fix it.

Edited by MrPostman

Hi Eric.

Yep, I recall Max having this happening on one of his.

It just worries me that  it happened with such a low round count. I have a sectional match next month and this was my current go-to rig. And one of my back up rigs uses the same buffer.

So I will be taking two rigs and a bunch of parts wth me to the sectional just to be safe. 

2 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

Hi Eric.

Yep, I recall Max having this happening on one of his.

It just worries me that  it happened with such a low round count. I have a sectional match next month and this was my current go-to rig. And one of my back up rigs uses the same buffer.

So I will be taking two rigs and a bunch of parts wth me to the sectional just to be safe. 

Hello: That is why I like the JP buffer setup and a regular type buffer setups. Simple systems that don't change from temperature changes and system cycles. I would take a regular type setup with you as well as a spare. A spare bolt or PCC as well. Thanks, Eric

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/14/2017 at 2:40 PM, BigBamBoo said:

Spoke with Brian this morning and have a new buffer coming my way. Will update.

Were you able to get a successful replacement and make it run? I am interested in getting one myself but would hold off if there are still reliability issues.