Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1 Sided gas burns on STI/9mm DVC

I received a nearly new STI DVC today from my FFL...what a great gun.  Earlier in the day I picked up a G34 (usually shoot a G19 in USPSA with detrimental longer shot scoring).  I shot the G34 with some WWB and found it to be much more accurate at 15yds than the G19.  Then I brought out the DVC.....WOW....what an incredible trigger and huge difference....just what I was looking for.  I realize that my skill level needs to increase to match the precision of this gun and am definitely looking forward to working with it more.  However, I noticed that nearly every ejected casing from the DVC was severely burned up on one side...I had not seen this before in all of my shooting recently.  Yes, I was shooting WWB in a DVC and should be taking out and beaten for it....but it is all I had and I HAD to go pump a few rounds through this beauty.  I am planning on reloading as soon as I can dial down what the DVC likes to eat/spit out....

So my question is....is the one sided burned up shells indicative of an ammo issue or a DVC issue that I need to get addressed asap?

Pics might help...

But, often not actually a problem at all. Usually the result of lower pressure rounds not creating enough force to expand the case enough to completely seal against the chamber walls and the scorching you see is the result.