Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire 24C Compatible Safeties

SlvrDragon50

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 2alphas said:

The Joe Bob safety is working for me using Hiperfire 243G, ECL and EDT2.

TC

It works with my 24C.  It just wouldn't release like a normal safety.  It would take an extreme amount of force to release it.  Not what you want in a safety, but like others have said, one size definitely doesn't fit all.

• 1 month later...

Hiperfire EDT and Strike Industries Strike ambi safety: Installed today on New Frontier Armory C-45 billet lower. It works, installed 60 degree throw, despite what Strike says. Guess Hiperfire wins this argument on this particular lower!

• 5 months later...

I have used the TimberCreek with the EDT triggers successfully. Have no tried with 24C or Eclipse.

Hiperfire is releasing their own ambi 60/90 very shortly. They look and feel good. Of course, they are compatible with their triggers and presumably all others

When I had the 24c I used the joe bobs ambi safety, since I live in Cali I had to neuter my rifle to keep it California compliant and I tried the strike switch and it didn’t work consistently so I switched out the trigger. It’s a shame the strike switch won’t always work it’s a great safety.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2018 Hyperfire Competition trigger (24C) with a Noveske Ambi safety in a NFA PCC lower.

The gun works 100% however when I remove the upper and try to drop the hammer with the selector in the fire position the hammer will not drop.

I have to apply a downward pressure with my hand to the hammer to get it to drop/release.

Is this normal for Hyperfire triggers?

PS I am also using KNS anti rotation pins.

Edited by JZELEK

On 9/22/2018 at 10:12 AM, JZELEK said:

I have a 2018 Hyperfire Competition trigger (24C) with a Noveske Ambi safety in a NFA PCC lower.

The gun works 100% however when I remove the upper and try to drop the hammer with the selector in the fire position the hammer will not drop.

I have to apply a downward pressure with my hand to the hammer to get it to drop/release.

Is this normal for Hyperfire triggers?

PS I am also using KNS anti rotation pins.

Try it with the anti-rotation pins removed. IIRC, those can cause problems.

2 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Try it with the anti-rotation pins removed. IIRC, those can cause problems.

I was wondering about that so I messaged Hyperfire about that and this was the response I got.

Quote: " we recommend that you use the standard pins that we provide first to get a baseline of function and performance before switching to the KNS pins. KNS pins need to have the center grove for the hammer j-spring, or the j-spring must be removed if not."

Thanks for the heads up.

I removed the KNS anti-rotation pins and installed the supplied Hyperfire hammer/trigger pins.

I noticed that the trigger pull and reset seams crisper when dry fired.

Not as mushy as with the KNS installed.

I will bring it to the range and make sure its working 100%.

PS the KNS trigger pin does have a center grove but its not as deep or wide as the Hyperfire pin.

Edited by JZELEK

11 hours ago, JZELEK said:

I removed the KNS anti-rotation pins and installed the supplied Hyperfire hammer/trigger pins.

I noticed that the trigger pull and reset seams crisper when dry fired.

Not as mushy as with the KNS installed.

I will bring it to the range and make sure its working 100%.

PS the KNS trigger pin does have a center grove but its not as deep or wide as the Hyperfire pin.

Awesome! Hope you enjoy the trigger. Everyone who has shot my AR has absolutely loved the Hiperfire trigger.

• 4 years later...

The thread is a little stale, but the problem still exists, so I'll add my experience.  I tried the Seekins selector switch with the Hiperfire X2 in my PCC, and it is unsat in 90 degree mode.  As an experienced soldier, I don't feel completely right with a 60 degree throw.  There are two fault modes.  One, safety does not fully pop to fire under detent power because the back of the hammer catches the flat on the safety barrel.  A hard trigger pull overcomes the incomplete rotation of the safety, and the gun fires normally after that.  Two, when on safe, the distance from the back of the hammer and the safety barrel is too big.  Yeah, stacking tolerances, I know, but Aero precision does an exceptionally fine job of manufacturing within the spec.  So if give the trigger about 7 lbs of pull with safe on, the spring mechanism pushes over center, and the safety claw catches the hammer.  No fire, but need to cycle the gun to reset the hammer.

On close examination, it is my opinion that dual-cut safety barrels (60/90) will not work with this hammer, but milspec will, so I am assuming any single-cut safety will work.  The problem is obviously the cut of the safety.  YMMV.