Hiperfire 24C Compatible Safeties

SlvrDragon50

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/24/2017 at 1:11 PM, TalkingMonkey said:

Is this only an issue with ambi safeties?  Does the 24C generally work with standard mil-spec, single-sided safeties?

Mil-spec safeties are not an issue. It does seem to be only an issue with ambi safeties and more specifically the aftermarket safeties. However, the rep I spoke to emphasized that it all came down to tolerance stacking issues which is why some safeties that supposedly don't work MAY work. He mentioned that as long as the parts are built to mil-spec, they should fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried these and know if they work with the HF24C?

https://www.cobratac.com/products/cts-ambi-safety-selector?utm_campaign={{name}}%2C+You+Must+See+These+deals!  ? ? ?_5a00bdac597ed723c71a562c&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

If not I guess I could use them on my stock trigger AR, but wanted to see if anyone had tried them before I bought.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Dang, and they actually have red. They're sold out though :(

edit: Oh wait. That was the Mod 1. Mod 2 is in stock + 25% off right now!

Good deal. I just put a build together with their receiver set, safeties,end plate etc.  all very high quality stuff!

1 minute ago, Garmil said:

Good deal. I just put a build together with their receiver set, safeties,end plate etc.  all very high quality stuff!

Definitely! I've never heard of them before, but I really like how they put all the details in their listing when it comes to Titanium vs SS. Ended up going with the SS safety barrel since I don't see a reason to get a titanium safety.

Their stuff is priced well too compared to V7.

Just wanted to confirm, 24C and Armaspec 45 degree Ambi work well together. I actually flip the right side lever around so that it's 180 to the longer lever (right handed shooter). With my short thumbs, it makes it so I can just sweep my left finger down to engage the safety, works really well and a lot faster for me.

3 hours ago, madcow said:

Just wanted to confirm, 24C and Armaspec 45 degree Ambi work well together. I actually flip the right side lever around so that it's 180 to the longer lever (right handed shooter). With my short thumbs, it makes it so I can just sweep my left finger down to engage the safety, works really well and a lot faster for me.

Awesome, thanks! I was about to buy the Armaspec, but the Ascend came in a bit cheaper. Plus, no tax since I'm in Illinois :(

28 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

No go on the Ascend Armory for me. Will try reinstalling one more time or I'm gonna have to try the Armaspec next.

Pretty upset at this point. I'll be spending close to $100 just on safeties.

That’s interesting I have the ascend safeties and a 24c trigger in 2 different lowers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a stacking issue, if the lower is on the outside edges of the milspec the chances of the parts not working together is greater. Hiperfire is covering the difference by saying that parts that don't work 100% of the time together are not compatible. 

Edited by 12Bravo

• 2 weeks later...

Because the trigger springs press back on the safeties, the front of the safety must be smooth for them to move easily.  I had a 45/90 in my gun when I put the trigger in it would not stay on safe it would move halfway off safe.  I switched to a strike 60 degree and it works well.