Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Possible relocation to western Montana or northern Idaho (area of Missoula/Bitterroot Valley and over to Coeur d'Alene)

Looking to see if there's someone out there that can give some input on a possible relocation to western Montana.  We'll be flying in next month to look around and see what we think.  This would be the first of many trips before a relocation from Colorado would take place.  We're looking to get away from the massive growth that has taken place here in Colorado.  A friend of mine is moving to Missoula and another friend lives in Moscow, ID so we're considering everything in between the Missoula area and over into Idaho.  Might take a few years to pick a firm place and get the move done.  Both my wife and I are RNs with more than 20 years experience so jobs won't be an issue, we just need a hospital or two within realistic commuting distance.  Haven't decided if we want to life in a small town like Hamilton, MT where there's a small hospital or out in the fringes of the Bitterroot Valley or even within Missoula.  We'll be scoping that out when we're there next month.  We'll be going as far north as White Fish, MT and as far west as Coeur d'Alene, ID on our visit so jump in if you have info!

If there's any locals to this area that can provide guidance on where to look, where to avoid and so on that would be great.  Also what's the access to ranges and USPSA/IDPA in the area?

Thanks, Jason

If you're using the current existence of USPSA matches as a criterion for locating,

be careful.

Over the past ten years, I've seen at least five USPSA matches "go out of business"

Pick a facility with a large, long standing history - they'll be less likely to go belly

up or switch to IDPA or 3-gun (they might have all three)    :)