Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Voluntary Upgrade, Will you do it?

Sig0431

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my FedeX shipping label- BUT because of what's being shipped- FedeX wont pick up or take it a any centers near me--

Closet FedeX is 31 miles away- 

Has anyone had Sig send a new label for UPS?

On 2/18/2018 at 8:06 AM, Rolex said:

Received my FedeX shipping label- BUT because of what's being shipped- FedeX wont pick up or take it a any centers near me--

Closet FedeX is 31 miles away- 

Has anyone had Sig send a new label for UPS?

I went to FedX and shipped it- 

What kind of trigger pulls are people getting after the upgrade?

Just an FYI on this: I just got a P320 RX compact at the local gunshow with the date on the box of January 2018. The cut out on the bottom of the slide is properly coated so it appears to be one that was built with the new trigger parts from the beginning. The trigger on it was by far better than any of the other P320 triggers I saw at the gun show that appeared to be modified by the factory with the bare cut out on the bottom of the slide. This trigger had much less creep and grit feeling to it. Don't know if this was a one-off coincidence but thought I'd mention it.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:55 AM, Rolex said:

I went to FedX and shipped it- 

What kind of trigger pulls are people getting after the upgrade?

I just got mine back from SIG

before I sent it, it broke around 7lbs

now it's breaks around 6.5, the double click is gone, but the feel is different, closer to a glock than the sig i sent in

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:29 AM, Resjudicata said:

Does anyone know whether Sig pulled the guns that were in the pipeline of distributors for upgrades? I'm looking at ordering a P320 RX from a local dealer and would like to avoid sending it in for upgrade right off the bat.

Thanks.

I talked to Sig when I was going to order a caliper exchange kit from a company online. Anything with a date of Nov 2018 and after has the upgrade completed. All companies who owned any Sig pistols, exchange kits etc were informed to send the items back to be replaced with upgraded inventory. When in doubt as look for the Nov 2018 date

On 2/25/2018 at 1:55 PM, Rolex said:

The reaL REASON i SENT THE x 5 IN WAS BECAUSE ALL THE UPGRADED KITS- Grey Guns/Apex wont work without the upgrade-:bow:

same here, had no intention of sending mine in until i noticed none of the upgraded triggers will work with mine.

Got mine back yesterday. Noticed right away the trigger was smoother and maybe a little lighter.

At the range today. The gun has a trigger pull of 4 1/4 pounds. It was 6 when it went in.

Feels very smooth. Very shot reset.

I am not even go to put in the GG trigger I was going to buy.

It is listed at 4.0 pounds.

I can live very nicely with it at 4 1/4.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Sig0431 said:

I talked to Sig when I was going to order a caliper exchange kit from a company online. Anything with a date of Nov 2018 and after has the upgrade completed. All companies who owned any Sig pistols, exchange kits etc were informed to send the items back to be replaced with upgraded inventory. When in doubt as look for the Nov 2018 date

I hope you meant Nov 2017... :-)

Edited by ddc

On 2/27/2018 at 10:25 PM, sdm702 said:

same here, had no intention of sending mine in until i noticed none of the upgraded triggers will work with mine.

We were discussing this topic in another thread.  Probably better suited here.

We know GG & Apex say not to use their parts in unupgraded guns, but does that mean they won't work?  I have no intention of sending my 320s in for "upgrade."  

On the upgraded guns you guys are getting back, is the trigger bar the same?  If so, then Apex should work regardless of upgrade.

Other than a lower mass trigger, is trigger the same (pivot point, trigger bar connection, etc...)?

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, IndyColtsFan said:

We were discussing this topic in another thread.  Probably better suited here.

We know GG & Apex say not to use their parts in unupgraded guns, but does that mean they won't work?  I have no intention of sending my 320s in for "upgrade."  

On the upgraded guns you guys are getting back, is the trigger bar the same?  If so, then Apex should work regardless of upgrade.

Other than a lower mass trigger, is trigger the same (pivot point, trigger bar connection, etc...)?

This is the question. I am still on the fence about sending my X5 in.

10 hours ago, z40acp said:

This is the question. I am still on the fence about sending my X5 in.

I'm not even on the fence.  I have no plans to send my P320's in for the "upgrade."  I understand the "risks" and have decided against it.  I'm still just trying to get the best possible trigger system I can in my X5.  Just wondering if the Apex trigger bar will work and if it is worth the investment.

A benefit of the update and the change in how the disconnector functions in the P320 has an added benefit of reducing the complexity with timing of the disconnector system. 

That has allowed Grayguns to release an actual drop in kit that doesn't require a trip to Spray, Oregon. 

The other benefit is the potential for reduction in overtravel since overtravel isn't needed for the reset. 

I did a video of an install on one of my updated P320s at it took between 3.5 and 4lb off of the pull weight. That is with maintaining the stock striker spring. It also definitely reduced the over travel and overall travel of the trigger. I think this will allow for a better trigger than the previous Grayguns work. 

Here's the video with pull weights tested before and after install. Pulling from the bottom of the trigger it's under 3lb. I usually test from the center. 

On 2/27/2018 at 9:25 PM, sdm702 said:

Me too.

Even though the previous owner was contacted that Sig was ready to upgrade the pistol, when I called, last month, they told me that if I sent it in for the upgrade, that they would be required to return it to the original owner that signed up for the upgrade.

I don't remember if it was UPS, or Fedex, but, when I got call tags from Kimber, ans S&W, they picked up at my house.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I received my Apex trigger bar this weekend.  Installed and (dry fire) function checked in my UNupgraded X5.  Seems to work just fine.  I haven’t been to the range yet, however, so I cannot attest to 100% function.  I did not install the overtravel spacer and spring.

Observations:

Moved break point forward and reduced take-up as advertised.

Seems to have slightly increased pull weight (no trigger pull gauge) with OEM trigger.

Trigger pull is not as “smooth” as with OEM bar. May smooth out after break in with use and some Mothers mag polishing.

Price seems high for such a small part(s).

I will keep this in my backup gun for now.  

Edited by IndyColtsFan
spellcheck