Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deltapoint Pro 2.5 MOA dot or 7.5 MOA triangle for carry optics?

JAM

Just got a new Glock 34 MOS with plans to shoot Carry Optics.  I have narrowed the optic choice to the Deltapoint Pro.  Now the question is the 2.5 MOA dot or the 7.5MOA triangle.  I have two open pistols with slide ride Cmores one with a 6 MOA and one with a 8 MOA dot so I was naturally drawn to the 7.5 MOA in the Deltapoint Pro.  After reading here and a few other places I have found that some like the 2.5 MOA as it actually looks bigger than 2.5 MOA.  I haven't found much on anyone's thoughts about the 7.5 triangle, I am worried about it being something different besides a dot.  So for those of you that have had or shot both what are your thoughts about the two?  Is the 2.5 MOA big enough?  Does the 7.5 MOA triangle bother you?  

Just looking for everyone's opinion before I spend the money.

I really like the delta

I've used them for 7-8 years on comp guns and carry guns

Sight mine in so POI hits just at the top of the delta (triangle) at 25yds

Then from 0-20 yds everything is in the delta

Generally seem to work great for me

Also use C-Mores with 8 MOA dots on my open guns FWIW

I have the Delta on my Glock 34 MOS.  I have the tip sighted in at 20 yards and like jcc7x7 stated everything else is in the triangle.  My eyes are 60 years old so the big triangle helps me.  

Edited by oddjob

I have the 7.5 on my 35 MOS. Honestly only put 100 rounds through gun.  The only thing to me that looks strange is the triangle (diamond) is not straight up and down. Tip of triangle is offset. Probably would be able to get used to it. Going to shoot a buddy's 34 with a 2.5 and see which one I like better.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrestled with the same decision.   In the end i got the 2.5 and it works fine for me.   Sometimes I have it at max brightness (during shoots), and other times I have it a couple steps less bright (during practice).    No regrets.    Same with my buddy, and we are both old farts with bad eyes.