Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do we need a rule regarding the number of shots on target

1 hour ago, matteekay said:

But... USPSA's rule book allows for varying shots on target depending on COF.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

perhaps the difference is that ICORE is for revolvers, and has nothing to do with shots per target. (fwiw, the last 3 or 4 major uspsa matches I've shot have all add at least one 3-shot per target stage).

Or maybe it's the 'confederation' part of ICORE that offends lefties, lol.

Geez, I didn't say USPSA was perfect.  I always think 3, or more, on a single target is kinda dumb.

I just shot a match with 4 on each target from basically zero distance.  THAT IS DUMB and a waste of 12 bullets (there were 3 targets)

I hate to brake it to everyome but a rulebook will never make stages better. Having creative stage designers use their imagination within the rules does. Changing the rules hoping hour bad stage designer will make better stages is a recipe for failure, all that will happen is you will get bad stages that fit the new rules, and good stage designers will have less options to make great stages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I hate to brake it to everyome but a rulebook will never make stages better. Having creative stage designers use their imagination within the rules does. Changing the rules hoping hour bad stage designer will make better stages is a recipe for failure, all that will happen is you will get bad stages that fit the new rules, and good stage designers will have less options to make great stages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh sure, use logic. :) I will admit that many of the times I've encountered the 3+ shots on target scenarios they were, what I would consider, bad stages and, most of the time, it really felt like the extra shots were just there to boost round count.

13 minutes ago, jhgtyre said:

Oh sure, use logic. :) I will admit that many of the times I've encountered the 3+ shots on target scenarios they were, what I would consider, bad stages and, most of the time, it really felt like the extra shots were just there to boost round count.

Wah!

Design your own stages that use fewer (or more) rounds.

I personally think there is a very different shooting challenge in shooting 3 rounds vs 2 per target. If you don't think that, or just don't like it, I've heard miniature golf is a really fun and challenging game.

Edited by motosapiens

10 hours ago, mchapman said:

YES with at least 6 targets in the stage LOL Are you still going to sign up for the SW Regionals?

Call it "Jerry M's Happy Place", lol.

Unfortunately, I had unexpected expenses come up and won't be able to attend. It seems like the kids and the house just take turns eating into my fun funds in an endless loop.

9 hours ago, motosapiens said:

Wah!

Design your own stages that use fewer (or more) rounds.

I personally think there is a very different shooting challenge in shooting 3 rounds vs 2 per target. If you don't think that, or just don't like it, I've heard miniature golf is a really fun and challenging game.

That's a cop out response.  I asked a question, I am not whining.  This forum is for discussing the sport.  If you don't like that take your keyboard and go post somewhere else.  In the meantime I will continue to question, discuss, and promote the sport.

23 hours ago, jhgtyre said:

I just shot a match with 4 on each target from basically zero distance.  THAT IS DUMB and a waste of 12 bullets (there were 3 targets)

Hey, I recently designed (and shot) a stage like that.

Yes, it was for an IDPA match but having the 3 targets take one each to the body then re-engage with a Mozambique to each from 3 to 5 yards and you had a speed stage that was neutral for all the divisions.   6 and 8 shot revolvers as well as all the semi-autos ALL needed to reload.

And to make it a bit challenging, only the "Alphas" (or in our case, the "zero") counted with a few non-threats tossed in at "interesting" spots. 

Pretty much everyone said it was a good stage to shoot, especially the really fast guys as they duked it out to the tenth of a second.

AD

1 hour ago, ADulay said:

6 and 8 shot revolvers as well as all the semi-autos ALL needed to reload

See, that's good design (and sounds like fun). Though 8-shots aren't technically allowed in IDPA, right? Six shots and then reload?

9 minutes ago, matteekay said:

See, that's good design (and sounds like fun). Though 8-shots aren't technically allowed in IDPA, right? Six shots and then reload?

This is the ICORE forum ;)

Edited by jhgtyre
Ah, derp, just noticed the guy said he did that in an IDPA match.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, matteekay said:

I tossed that 8 shot in there in case the ICORE guys need something fast and to show that the stage was "neutral" to everyone.

AD