Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
S&W686

Muzzle break for TikkaT3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor

I just purchased a new Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor 24" SS.   If anyone owns this rifle could you recommend a good muzzle brake.  I was thinking about the Gen II Little Bastard. Thank you.

Edited by S&W686

I don't have a Tikka but I do have an RPR in 6.5 CM with the same barrel length.  I went with the JP recoil eliminator; the research I'd done said that it doesn't cut recoil as much as the little or fat bastards but eliminates more muzzle rise.  I wasn't too worried about the recoil of 6.5 and I wanted to be able to spot my own hits.  Compared to the original factory break, it was a slight improvement in recoil and a big improvement in muzzle rise; the rifle recoils straight back now and I can see impacts even at <100 yards.  It's LOUD though, I double up on ear pro when I shoot at my local range which has walls between each bench.

The APA Little Bastard is probably the most popular in the PRS community. 

The 417 hellfire is very popular as well. I've used both on PRS guns. Easy to install and take off for cleaning and very effective. 

Thank you for your input.  I believe I will go with the Gen II Little Bastard since it is easy to put on and take off.  I want to make sure I order the correct size brake.  Since my Tikka is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor I believe I would need to order the .264/6.5mm brake.

Area 419 hellfire or patriot valley mad scientist.   The 419 is louder but works better.  Have both and would buy both again. 

On 8/7/2017 at 7:33 AM, Paul-the new guy said:

I like the Thunderbeast ultra 9 :P

Clearly the best answer!