Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smallest red dot?

So the PCC bug has bitten me. I am putting another PCC rig together and want this one to be as light as possiable. I have Trijicon MRO's on two currently but am thinking something even smaller/lighter.

Anyone here using one of the small red dots like the RMR, etc., for their PCC rig? Thoughts and likes dislikes would be great.

Buddy has a Vortex Viper on a lightweight riser mount. I can't find the mount he uses. It's marked Vortex, but I don't see it on their website. He has a hook up at Vortex, so I think it might be a one-off. I like my Cmores. Big lens, stands up to recoil. Light enough. I'd try a Viper with the right mount.

Hello: I tried the Viper on my PCC and like my C-More Railway with a 6MOA dot better. The C-More has the larger round glass so my eye finds the center very quickly. Also on close shots i don't even look at the dot I just index off the top of the C-More. The weight of the scope is not really a concern for me since the weight is between my hands but a plastic C-More is pretty light and they just work. I am still waiting for a large glass micro scope. Thanks, Eric

I have a 6 MOA Viper on my CO pistol and a 3 MOA Venom on my PCC.  They compliment each other perfectly because of the different distances to the eye gives me the same dot.  From any position I can pop my PCC up to a perfect sight-in.  The Venom weighs practically nothing and the battery is easy to change.  I have tried a couple of different tube types and no comparison.  YMMV.

9 hours ago, BartCarter said:

I have a 6 MOA Viper on my CO pistol and a 3 MOA Venom on my PCC.  They compliment each other perfectly because of the different distances to the eye gives me the same dot.  From any position I can pop my PCC up to a perfect sight-in.  The Venom weighs practically nothing and the battery is easy to change.  I have tried a couple of different tube types and no comparison.  YMMV.

I have the Viper on my Glock slide mount open 3-gun pistol and the Venom on my ULW  PCC on a lightweight UTG mount from Optics Planet. Both are 6MOA. I have C-Mores on my heavy PCC & shotgun. Really like the small profile and open feel to it. Easy battery change. Very fast acquisition.

gerritm

I am using a Primary Arms with a 2 min dot.  It works great for me.  The Sig Romeo 5 , and Halosuns are all made by the same folks and they all work great.  Best bang  going for the money.  I noticed the Sig someplace the the other day list for $131 with a mount.  2 min. dot works great.

• 2 weeks later...

The new True Glow with QR mount seems to be holding up good (couple thousand rounds so far), very light, has nice bright dot and way less expensive than the MRO. I have an MRO on a 223 and it's excellent too and will probably hold together a very long time. Guess it would be advisable to have BUIS just incase or an extra dot to slap on for big matches. 

Edited by littlefish