Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Grip for PCC rifle

Wanting some input on what you guys find gives you the best grip for your PCC?  I have looked at several magpul but they seem to be just hard plastic which is not good in sweaty hands etc.

I like Magpul's MOE+.  The wrap-around rubber helps.  

From Magpul's website: 

"The MOE+ Grip combines reinforced polymer body construction with comfortable, wrap-around rubber overmolding for maximum weapon control in adverse environments. 

With a similar shape to a 'medium' sized MIAD, this AR15/M4 drop-in design features a hard-polymer bottom edge to reduce the possibility of equipment snags or grip damage. The MOE+ Grip accepts optional Storage Cores for gear stowage and includes a basic grip cap. All mounting hardware included."

1 minute ago, SJan said:

I like the shape and trigger reach if the BCM mod whatever-the-cheap-one-is

And that thing is wrapped in skateboard tape

Yeah I have been using skateboard tape too but it is hard to keep on when really used hard in warm weather.  Great grip though.

when you are as slow as I am, you tend to finish at the low end of the prize table... from the A63G I picked up a couple of finger groove Hogue grips that I like quite well....

use a tennis wrist sweat band on both wrists... it is brutal shooting in Florida during July and August

Is there a "best" anything? Something that works well for me might not work at all for you. It is ultimately going to come down to personal preference.

That being said, I like the G27 from MFT. Have them on a few of my AR's.

I go with the Ergo deluxe. I have large hands with long fingers. These are the only grips that give me that "hand full" that I look for in a grip. 

Edited by v1911
Brand correction

I find the hard plastic magpuls work just fine even with sweaty hands. There's enough texture there. The smoother overmolded ones actually feel more slippery when wet, even though they're rubber. 

Grip tape is always an option. 

The other important consideration is how vertical you want the grip. I shoot in a pretty squared up stance with short length of pull and find the more vertical grips like the magpul k2 more comfortable on my wrist than something with a slacker angle. 

Edited by reshp1

I run the Fab Defense AGR-43 rubberized grip. I have tried MOE +, Hogue, and Ergo. For my hands it's by far the best feeling. It's very similar to the mission first tactical g27 but with grippy rubber coating. I have put it on every AR platform I own. 

On 8/2/2017 at 9:25 AM, thepunishur said:

For the PCC, I prefer the Magpul K2. 

Im also a fan of the K2 on my PCC. It is a little grippier than my BCM mod 0 which I also like. Basically any of the more vertical grips I like nowadays. But there is no "best".