Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Zealand - Open Shooter - Pick me apart

hunt_fish

Hi all,

Would appreciate your views of my latest club match - be brutally honest - I can take it... Have been out of action for a few months and getting back up to speed.

Hard to tell what grade I am by USA standards (M grade in New Zealand). Only one other guy shooting Open with me so I was 100% all the way...

I have already picked up on the fact that I need to work on transition speed and so have been working this hard following this video.

Also need to get the gun up heading into each array.

Would be keen to know any low hanging fruit you observe.

Points as follows - generally dropping C's, the odd D. Open major.

Stage 1: 136 / 145

Stage 2: 87  / 95

Stage 3: 133 / 140

Stage 4: 98 / 115 (shot a PT... dragged the gun across the three targets below the swinger and didn't drive it to each target separately).

Shoot sooner

Gun higher

Kinda did some funky stuff with your feet on 4 

Looked pretty good to me other than that stuff. Question though: why do you guys put all your targets on barrels? Isn't that kinda freaky? I routinely hear bullets spinning around the inside of barrels when I hit them/am ROing someone that hits them

9 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

Shoot sooner

Gun higher

Kinda did some funky stuff with your feet on 4 

Looked pretty good to me other than that stuff. Question though: why do you guys put all your targets on barrels? Isn't that kinda freaky? I routinely hear bullets spinning around the inside of barrels when I hit them/am ROing someone that hits them

Thanks - points noted.

The barrels are full of rubber chip - the ranges are freshly constructed and until the berms settle we don't want to chew up the banks. Once the grass has grown and the dirt has settled we'll have some more 'normal' set ups.

32 minutes ago, hunt_fish said:

Thanks - points noted.

The barrels are full of rubber chip - the ranges are freshly constructed and until the berms settle we don't want to chew up the banks. Once the grass has grown and the dirt has settled we'll have some more 'normal' set ups.

Ah that makes a lot more sense, I hadn't even considered them being full until MM mentioned it.