Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lucas Oil PCC World Championship

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, stein said:

Is there a new range there that's not showing up on the maps or stages laid out in the natural terrain?

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Todd7446 said:

Yes, it's a new range.  Ten bays were carved out of the natural terrain at the Lucas Cattle Ranch.

Yes and exactly what Todd said ^

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, 10cup said:

Very expensive match, but looks like loads of fun.......550 rounds!!

$225 is a very reasonable match fee as a major match with that many stages.  Most major matches average $275-330.  There are a lot of heavy weight industry sponsors coming on board to support the match as well as cash pay outs to the top 5 shooters with 6-XXX walking the prize table.  1st place will get $10K 2nd $5K 3rd $3,500 4th $2,500 5th 1,500 more information can be found at www.facebook.com/pccchampionship/

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, OPENB said:

"Time plus" scoring. Pass. There's only one gun, use hit factor scoring. Hotels are 25 miles away, at the closest. One is 50. Seriously? Maybe why it isn't full. Just my observations.

We are running the AZ State PCC Championship with Time-Plus scoring. It is just a lot faster to reset the stages... drama-free scoring has its benefits. We could never get 120 shooters through 8 stages in one day with Hit Factor scoring.

6 minutes ago, StealthyBlagga said:

We are running the AZ State PCC Championship with Time-Plus scoring. It is just a lot faster to reset the stages... drama-free scoring has its benefits. We could never get 120 shooters through 8 stages in one day with Hit Factor scoring.

We have to agree to disagree, Stealthy.  Yes, Time-plus is a bit faster to score (a legit benefit) but it promotes sloppy shooting (a legit detractor).  I wish the AZ State PCC championship was run under USPSA rules and scoring  (and I'm probably the only one......).

There's Nuthin' as Fun as Sloppy Shooting... we should print that on the match shirts :D

Seriously, we gave it some thought but the time crunch is too daunting. If the match takes off, we could consider rolling it over more days, in which case we might reconsider using HF scoring, a post-match finish-based prize table and other things that we might prefer. Even with Time-Plus, we can present challenging shots that will punish the sloppy shooters. In the end, I am confident the same folks will still win regardless of scoring method.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I respect the need to "move em thru" but why use a gun capable of such good accuracy & watch guys blast thru with sloppy hits. Seems like a waste of time & ammo. We would never consider scoring a handgun match that way, why would it be any different with a carbine?

2 minutes ago, OPENB said:

I respect the need to "move em thru" but why use a gun capable of such good accuracy & watch guys blast thru with sloppy hits. Seems like a waste of time & ammo. We would never consider scoring a handgun match that way, why would it be any different with a carbine?

We don't shoot handguns at small targets or extended ranges... our PCC match will have a significant number of shots out in the 50-200 yard range. Our match will not look anything like a USPSA handgun match. That's the advantage of running a dedicated PCC match vs. shoehorning PCCs into handgun matches.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:24 PM, kellyn said:

We have to agree to disagree, Stealthy.  Yes, Time-plus is a bit faster to score (a legit benefit) but it promotes sloppy shooting (a legit detractor).  I wish the AZ State PCC championship was run under USPSA rules and scoring  (and I'm probably the only one......).

I've always disagreed with that sentiment. It's not difficult to make an accuracy challenging Time Plus match. If that's the goal.  Distance, small steel, hard cover, no shoots.  It's not difficult to test accuracy.  In fact the most challenging shots I've made in competition have been at Time Plus matches. But I do see a lot of just hoser time plus matches as well.  Just depends on what the match staff decide they want the flavor of their match to be. 

Great sponsors are on board for this match, check out this list:

X-Rail

JP Enterprises

Nordic Components

Clear Image Solutions

Sierra Bullets

T1Ammunition

Taran Tactical Innovations

L.A. Police Gear

Luth-AR

Kel-Tec

Rifenbark Armory

Lancer Systems

Safariland

Hyperfire

Timney Triggers

Vortex Optics

Taccom

American Defense Manufacturing

Springer Precision

Colt

Weber Tactical

Trojan Firearms

Velocity Tactics

Precision MP

Faxon Firearms

Magpul

Ergo Grips

Tactical Sh1T

Bare Arms

Quarter Circle 10

Buds Gun Shop

Edited by jackson923

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, StealthyBlagga said:

We don't shoot handguns at small targets or extended ranges... our PCC match will have a significant number of shots out in the 50-200 yard range. Our match will not look anything like a USPSA handgun match. That's the advantage of running a dedicated PCC match vs. shoehorning PCCs into handgun matches.

I heard that Tony wants max of 50 yards and Mike wants more like 80-100 yards max.  Where is 200 yards coming from?

1 hour ago, mark97se said:

I heard that Tony wants max of 50 yards and Mike wants more like 80-100 yards max.  Where is 200 yards coming from?

Sorry,... I was referring to the AZ State PCC Championship, where we will have targets out between 100 and 200 yards..

I should not have posted that confusing statement in this thread. To be clear, I have no affiliation with the Lucas Oil match, nor do I know what target distances they might be contemplating. Unfortunately, BE won't let me edit that post for clarity. If a moderator sees this, perhaps they could modify the post for me?

Edited by StealthyBlagga