Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO/TS or used 2011 for limited

Mushki25

Right now, buds gun shop has a TS in .40 for $1037.00.
I too am making this choice right now, but I was considering a .40 shadow, CZ TS, and 2011. Finally settled on TS due to magazine capacity, cost, and fits my hands better.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

As a lefty shooting a TS .40 in limited Major, I am quite satisfied with my 1 3/4# trigger. I found fitting the rubber grips to have the best traction for my finger length.

The one change I made to accommodate left hand shooting and my short fingers  was a Right hand extended thumb safety from CZC.

9 hours ago, Coctomus said:

Right now, buds gun shop has a TS in .40 for $1037.00.
I too am making this choice right now, but I was considering a .40 shadow, CZ TS, and 2011. Finally settled on TS due to magazine capacity, cost, and fits my hands better.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

I am looking at selling my TSO to fund a 2011 buy. If interested send me a PM. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, FlightMedic376 said:

I am looking at selling my TSO to fund a 2011 buy. If interested send me a PM. 

I was able to get a great deal on a 2011 and have gone that route.  I still believe the TS or TSO would be every bit the equal of a 2011 at a better price point.

I personally went through the same debate for months on end while looking for the best gun for advancing my abilities in 3 Gun. After shooting quite a few different 2011 models everything from an edge to a full blown custom 2011. Luckily I have a great relationship with the guys at my local gun shop and a couple of the professional shooters in the area. My shooting buddys step dad happens to be a grandmaster and had a few 2011s I was able to get some range time with. I will say they were Awesome and did everything very and more than I wanted. They also have more ability to be readily customised. But after shooting them and watching a lot of the guys at our matches I noticed a couple things. They all had to send them off to a pro to have everything tuned including the mags which costs more money. They are also very picky with their ammo they run in them, which isn't a big deal since I reload my own ammo, but If I were to run short of ammo or lose my ammo traveling I would need to buy or borrow ammo and I want to know that it works. So after lots of deliberating over the subject more than any person really ever needs to I decided to get the CZ Tactical Sport for a couple of key reasons. First off the gun brand new from my dealer was a lot cheaper than buying a brand new or even used STI 2011. The CZ was also just different When I show up to a match I don't often run into someone with the same gun and people love getting hands on with this gun(although it is getting more frequent with popularity). I mentioned the 2011 is readily customisable, you can customise your CZ a lot if you are willing to do some searching and pay a little extra shipping. My grips and magwell came from overseas where this gun is crazy popular so they have all kinds of custom parts. Next this gun is accurate super soft shooting and reliable right out of the box. I say that and people tell me their 2011 can do it just as well. Maybe some can but that hasn't seemed to be the case with the couple that I have tried or others around me. I'm not saying they aren't or can't be reliable and they are for sure a very accurate gun but in my opinion it takes some work to get that reliability that came factory in my CZ. I can shoot any ball cheap ammo like white box and I seem to have great reliability out of the gun. In all I will say the 2011 is your gun, great they are awesome guns. But for the guy who wants the most bang for his buck and wants to be able to pick the gun up and know it's ready to shoot with whatever ammo you feed it the CZ Tactical Sport is your gun. Hopefully this has helped someone get through their deliberation a little faster than I did so they can get out there and enjoy the sport.

My CZ is a Tactical Sport

Aftermarket grips, magwell, and trigger (all blue for looks mainly) and FO front sight I left stock rear sight because it makes a great charging lever for that small slide.

• 2 years later...
On 7/27/2017 at 10:41 PM, Rnlinebacker said:

I converted my CZ tp single action only and use it in limited now. Best most affordable decision I could've madef815aed49d6616aa28c9e622df448431.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I realize you posted this a long time ago, but I'm really curious what kind of capacity you got out of that setup.  I've been thinking about converting a SP-01 to .40 to play around in Limited, but I couldn't find small frame 140mm basepads which could get the capacity above 17 rounds.  What capacity were you getting?

12 hours ago, Tanders said:

I realize you posted this a long time ago, but I'm really curious what kind of capacity you got out of that setup.  I've been thinking about converting a SP-01 to .40 to play around in Limited, but I couldn't find small frame 140mm basepads which could get the capacity above 17 rounds.  What capacity were you getting?

daaaang feels forever ago. Yes I was getting 17 only as well. now i'm heavy into the 2011 market myself. that trigger in this CZ was crazy good though. Closest, I ever shot, to a 1911 style feel. 

Edited by Rnlinebacker

4 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

daaaang feels forever ago. Yes I was getting 17 only as well. now i'm heavy into the 2011 market myself. that trigger in this CZ was crazy good though. Closest, I ever shot, to a 1911 style feel. 

Seems like a pretty cool setup.  Looks like a .40 75B SA top end, right?