Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best SPP for RF100

Is there a consenus as to the best SPP for an RF100, least sensitive to adjustment?  I've run more than 20K of CCI through my RF100 and am very pleased with the unit, but if for some reason I have to reset the rotating primer gate or the vibration control it can take a view iterations to get things dialed in.

When I first starting using the RF100 I experienced a learning curve, but during a brief period of using Winchester primers I got things going very well and when I switched back to CCI life RF100-wise was good.  Still, I'd use about any primer that was a bit less sensitive as long at it worked in my gun(s)

I run large and small Winchester, large CCI, and small Federals. Hardly ever do I have to adjust anything, even the vibration control. 

once in a while I clean the platter that the primers go around on with brake cleaner, seems to help a lot...

jj

Mine seems to need a little adjustment going from CCI to Win, but once it is adjusted it's fine. I think the simplest thing to do is just pick a primer and go with it. Especially now that there are no shortage issues. My plan is to use up my CCI and just stock winchester.

Edited by bofe954