Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for a new Production Pistol

FYI, Glock now makes factory 15 round mags for the 17/34. Some of the other guns mentioned above probably come from the factory with better triggers than the Glock, but the Glock trigger can be much improved in about 60 seconds with $20 worth of parts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2017 at 8:18 PM, rowdyb said:

CZ P10C. Striker fired. Some ambi controls. IDPA and USPSA legal. $500 msrp. $30 mags. Install different sights and call it good.

Most of the full size guns other people have mentioned to you have a magazine capacity greater than 15. Not sure if the manufacturers have a CO/15rnd specific model of these pistols that otherwise have 16-19 round versions as standard.

You also need to read the division rules a little closer when you talk about a gun for IDPA CCP and/or BUG and using the same pistol for USPSA Production. This could very well lead you to a "one size fits none" solution.

What he said....Or a Cajunized CZ decocker.  The decocker pistols can be slicked up without violating the production rules.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 5:49 AM, mikeyjones said:

I don't know why the 5" ppq doesn't get more love. It's a great pistol and the mags are 15 rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started shooting USPSA with a 5" ppq.  Worked great, but wanted a heavier pistol for less muzzle flip.  Even with handloads the flip was more than I wanted.

• 5 months later...

I just shot a Canik TP9 SFX a friend brought to the range yesterday.  It’s a great gun. I shoot an Accu Shadow 2 from CZ custom, so I’m a bit spoiled when it comes to triggers.  I was really impressed with the trigger on the SFX.   I didn’t shoot a lot of rounds, but what I could tell it’s an excellent pistol and the price just icing on the cake.  

It did have a problem though.  The slide wouldn’t lock back with an empty mag, but I’d say it should be pretty easy to fix.  I’d recommend this pistol to anyone.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just shot a Canik TP9 SFX a friend brought to the range yesterday.  It’s a great gun. I shoot an Accu Shadow 2 from CZ custom, so I’m a bit spoiled when it comes to triggers.  I was really impressed with the trigger on the SFX.   I didn’t shoot a lot of rounds, but what I could tell it’s an excellent pistol and the price just icing on the cake.  

It did have a problem though.  The slide wouldn’t lock back with an empty mag, but I’d say it should be pretty easy to fix.  I’d recommend this pistol to anyone.  

I've heard that pistol is fantastic for the money. As for the not locking back on the last round, are you sure you weren't riding the slide stop? I had that issue a long while ago with a different pistol. I've also seen that happen on too light of a round coupled with a too heavy recoil spring. Also, don't go to slide lock :-p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk