Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting cart???

taymag

1 hour ago, mjkten said:

I remember a service rifle competitor showing off a cart he had built from "scrap" material.

Turns out he was a welder at a chemical plant, his cart was made of titanium tubing, very well rendered.

That cart above also looks like a race car fabricator had a couple hours of idle time...

I suspected the same.  And you know credit is due, cause it ain't easy to just throw something like that together.  Even just getting something like that to track straight would be a challenge.  Personally, I keep holding out for a garage sale jogging stroller, but pickings are slim between three gunners, hand gunners, and those pesky new moms.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:34 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I'm a minimalist: I bring only the bare bare necessities...

But quite a few of the "loaded for bear" types at my club are happy with this one:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_3123582_-1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0f7r--Gi1QIVRVp-Ch1DUgQHEAQYASABEgJfV_D_BwE

My wife bought me one of these.  It fits my whole midway range bag and a small cooler easily.

On August 3, 2017 at 2:13 AM, Hammer002 said:

This is one that regularly makes it to our range.  Ive heard its original purpose was for racing engine movement, but I also suspect it was just something somebody thought was cool to do.  And they were right.

cropped big cart.jpg

I just put together a stroller but now i want one of these.

On 8/2/2017 at 11:13 PM, Hammer002 said:

This is one that regularly makes it to our range.  Ive heard its original purpose was for racing engine movement, but I also suspect it was just something somebody thought was cool to do.  And they were right.

cropped big cart.jpg

Needs a motor/engine

I pulled around a folding cart at the last match for somebody else who had hurt his leg.  I had been thinking about getting one and was glad to get the chance to try it out.  It was nice but the handle was way too short.  I'm 6' 2", anybody else have this problem or know of a cart that has a longer handle?  Or ideas on how to lengthen the handle on other carts?

Cheapest folding wagons are at Walmart for like $50. They claim to hold near 200 lbs. The ones at Costco looked the same but claimed to only hold 100 lbs. My stuff don't weigh that much but I'd rather get something sturdier that I know will hold up.

I personally now use my girlfirend's old jogging stroller. I put new tubes in the tires, added some slime to them and hopefully no issues with them going low.

A few things I noticed that one wants to look at when selecting their $20 jogging stroller...

• Make sure the front wheel swivels. Mine will swivel or lock in place and it is way easier to move when it is not locked in place.
  • The platform where the kid's feet may go should be flat. I've seen lots of people bungee their soft sided coolers to the flat foot area which cannot be done if it has that molded area that shapes to the wheel.
  • Make sure the tray is removable or you will have to cut it off or drill out the rivets and bolt the stroller back together using plates and bolts. Luckily mine had a removable tray but one I had picked up (and selling) doesn't have a completely removable tray.
  • Make sure the seat reclines almost all the way back or close to it. Some don't recline as far back and so the bags don't sit in there quite as nice. I saw someone at my last match who had removed the fabric seat and just used a flat portion of wire from a shopping cart.
  • Most I have seen have removable rear wheels but removable rear wheels makes it much easier to fit into a trunk along with a cooler and all your other crap. (in my tiny Elantra I have the stroller, a 52 quart Igloo cooler, my large 5.11 range bag (same as all the other big ones) plus my Milwaukee bag of power tools I carry in case I get a flat tire in addition to some clothes and extra shoes.
  • Having the top area cup holder works well for reloading your mags. Mine is gone so I use the top of my range bag to support my Maglula.
  • Don't underestimate the handy pouch area under the seat. I toss a freezer pack or two in the bottom and set my sandwich and cliff bars on top. they stay plenty chilly for the three or four hours before they get eaten even on 80 degree days.

Anyway, that is my buyers guide to facebook jogging stroller buying.

Oh, and get yourself a large stainless thermos type water bottle from Walmart for like $15 and one of those large clasps to hook it to the stroller handlebar. Keeps stuff cold for HOURS even in hot sun and with no ice. It just hangs there too so it won't fall off as you are pushing the stroller. Holds one large bottle of powerade or gatorade perfectly.

Edited by mikeinctown

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...