Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ets mags

Iaddrummer

Have you already purchased them and ran them? Mine (.40S&W 30 rounders) are single shot....failure to feed each round!  

Looks like they sourced all the springs as 9mm because it's extremely undersized for the .40 tube .... maybe the 9s run better

I use them as practice mags. They royally slow down my reload times because of the weight. They are also slightly shorter inside and harder to seat at full capacity. Considering a paid $12ea for 140mm they aren't bad but I wouldn't give up factory mags with TTI extensions for them.

The 140mm 9mm ETS mags have worked well for me; the .40 ones, not so much.  The 9mm mags are really only good for holding 21 rounds, no way you could reload to them at 22 on a closed slide.  I can get 23 reloadable with the TTI extensions.  I haven't had any issues with the ETS mags dropping free for reloads, but I'm never running them dry.  There's also the Magpul 21 round mags you might want to consider; I've never tried those so can't compare.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm obviously biased, but the PMAG21s are all I run. With fast slide speeds and dusty range bays, I hedge my bets by lightly lubricating the inside of all the mags before putting them into service, and then about once every six months or so, but they're easy to take apart, so it's not a big deal. Not really sure if its really necessary. I'm not that nice to my carry and testing ones. I certainly can't tell any difference in reliability between them and any 17rd factory with a basepad--they run like tops. I've yet to have a stoppage that wasn't ammo related. They don't really like steel cased ammo if that's a factor for you, but they work great, drop free, and are under $20.