Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 LEFT HANDED shooter mag release help

Hawk21

1 hour ago, wolfvsgoat said:

Looks like everything is sold out. Is there any place else? I am left hand and the mag button on my STI is so stiff. It's really difficult to have multiple successful mag changes.

Make sure that it's actually the spring that is stiff and not the mag release slightly oversized and dragging. If it is dragging lightly sand it down until it moves freely.  If it is the spring, take it out and cut 1 coil off at a time until it's easier to release yet is firm enough to retain the mags. 

Edited by Descartian

On a plastic STI grip I rotated the extended button to press with straight finger - no need to bring the tip back to the button. With a carefully chosen angle it doesn't interfere trigger time and works for cold weather too!

MatchMaster-mag-button.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2017 at 1:33 PM, Bdh821 said:

I tried posting a pic of my open gun but I guess It's too big. I have the Mitchell right side mag catch. I have to adjust my grip to hit the button with my left thumb but it's far superior, in my opinion, than using my index finger on the stock mag catch setup. 

Why is it better? I don’t break my grip to activate a stock length release. I use a light spring in my match guns but a standard one in my carry gun (all 1911’s) am I missing something?