Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow 2

Just4FunLP

I've got an Accu Shadow with quite a few miles on it, and have planned to replace it at the end of the year.  I really wanted to get another identical Accu, but now that they've come out with the Shadow 2  I think I should make the switch.  I just looked on the CZ Custom website and they're selling the Accu Shadow 2 now.  That's the one I want.  Any idea when it could be approved?  How does it work?  Seemed like the Shadow 2 made the list pretty fast. 

Thanks 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but is the accu shadow listed as a specific model on the approved production  gun list? 

It is, so it's treated like a totally different gun. Just like the shadow 2 with a bushing would be. You just can't add a bushing to any old cz you want retroactively and be production legal.

Actually the argument is a part that is legal on a production legal gun would be allowable on another production legal gun. 

USPSA has pretty much open the doors on production alllowing for aftermarket hammers, etc to be legal.

On 7/17/2017 at 0:03 PM, cheby said:

sounds like it's a good  time now to make it Production legal. Who needs to submit the paperwork?

It sounds like based on Stuart's comment and the recent ruling on hammers, someone could send the official question to DNROI to get an official ruling if adding the accu-bushing to it would be an allowable modification. In all honesty removing the factory bushing and tapping the slide is all internal modification and the external part is on a production approved gun, so it actually makes more sense than the hammer.

AIbEiAIAAABECNSF9sKO4pj3qQEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKihiMWJlNmZiN2IzMjdkNTlkZGVkY2Y2ODlkNzRmMGNhMjcwY2YyNWNhMAFjNDv9W8_Qm9a3_kSI1GuFms_xgA?sz=32

Troy McManus

6:00 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Yes, you can do that.
cleardot.gif

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:03 PM Rowdy Bricco  wrote:
Can I install a Accu bushing like I have on my Accu Shadow onto my Shadow 2 and remain Production Division legal?

Accu Shadow is on the Prod list and the Shadow 2 is on the Prod list. My understanding of the process is that adding the bushing requires only internal work on the gun's slide.

As far as external, the Cajun Gun Works 10x bushing has a different external profile than the stock bushing and is allowed in Production. Is this correct and sufficient reasoning to allow the modification I've proposed?

Thank you.

Rowdy Bricco
A88278

28 minutes ago, eerw said:

Print it and put it in your bag

:)

Step 1. Get a second Shadow 2.

Step 2. Do trigger and other work as taught by CJ.

Step 3. Send to you for lpa/kensight and Accu bushing.

Step 4. Print it and put it in my bag.

Hahaha, I still have a few steps to go unless you know of a shortcut......

So if I understand this correctly, Troy is now invalidating 21.2b? Can I mill front serrations into a Glock since that is now a factory option that is present on a different listed gun by the same manufacturer? I just don't get these "clarifications" that seem to directly contradict the text in the rulebook. 

Edited by Davidoff

On 7/29/2017 at 4:15 PM, rowdyb said:

Are the new Glock FS models on the Production list?

Does that matter? Is the Shadow 2 Accu on the list? Can I mill a slot into the top of a G17 because the G34 has one? I'm just saying that 21.2b says milling is not permitted, but Troy seems to be OK with milling threads for the accu bushing into the slide of a Shadow 2. It seems like a contradiction.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm ready to order an ACCU 2.  It looks like if I order it now I'll get it some time in November.  I can wait a few months for it to make the production gun list, but I'd hate for it to take a year or more.  Anyone have a clue as to when this may happen?  

4 minutes ago, Just4FunLP said:

I'm ready to order an ACCU 2.  It looks like if I order it now I'll get it some time in November.  I can wait a few months for it to make the production gun list, but I'd hate for it to take a year or more.  Anyone have a clue as to when this may happen?  

On 7/22/2017 at 8:14 PM, rowdyb said:
AIbEiAIAAABECNSF9sKO4pj3qQEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKihiMWJlNmZiN2IzMjdkNTlkZGVkY2Y2ODlkNzRmMGNhMjcwY2YyNWNhMAFjNDv9W8_Qm9a3_kSI1GuFms_xgA?sz=32

Troy McManus

6:00 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Yes, you can do that.
cleardot.gif

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:03 PM Rowdy Bricco  wrote:
Can I install a Accu bushing like I have on my Accu Shadow onto my Shadow 2 and remain Production Division legal?

Accu Shadow is on the Prod list and the Shadow 2 is on the Prod list. My understanding of the process is that adding the bushing requires only internal work on the gun's slide.

As far as external, the Cajun Gun Works 10x bushing has a different external profile than the stock bushing and is allowed in Production. Is this correct and sufficient reasoning to allow the modification I've proposed?

Thank you.

Rowdy Bricco
A88278

My understanding is based on this quote... the accu-shadow 2 is already production legal.  It would seem very silly to say that the CGW 10x bushing is alright but the CZC bushing is not. 

It's a legal modification b/c the DNROI has specifically responded (thanks, @rowdyb) to the exact question of the legality of CZ Custom's Accu bushing modification on a pistol that is currently on the USPSA NROI Production gun list.  We should understand this to mean that any other gun on this approved list can be sent into CZC to have the Accu bushing modification installed and still be considered a Production Division legal pistol.  Of course, CZC has to be willing to do the work if it's a gun that they don't already offer the service for.

3 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I'm tired of trying to defend this, it's not my job to. I asked a question, I got an answer. The end.

Your initial response was good enough for me Rowdy.  I already have it printed and ready to go for nationals because I will absolutely be shooting my Cajun S2 with bushing.  I'm more than happy to post what happens for all those concerned and awaiting something more.  

After that recent incident at A3, I would not be surprised to run into the same kind of BS with Accushadow 2. Especially considering that accushadow is specifically listed on the production list.   

Edited by cheby