Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 offset for close targets or to slow

Just starting to think out my build and was wondering:

Does anyone run 45 degree offsets for close targets like in 3 gun or is the transition to slow in USPSA and better off just adjusting on the fly for POI.   

Thanks in advance.  

I use an offset on my 3gun rifle as you commented as I use a fixed 4x32 sight...with a Vortex SPARC (single dot) on the 9mm, I don't perceive the need... however I'm an old and slow "super senior" so might not be the best source of information

Although not as much as a red dot, the 45 degree sights will still require you know your offset.

With 3 gun, I see the benefit when you need to transition from near targets to far targets and back again.  You don't have to waste time moving your scope from 1X to 6x and back.  I don't think anyone runs the 45 degree sights to eliminate knowing their offsets at close range.

Bill

5 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Although not as much as a red dot, the 45 degree sights will still require you know your offset.

With 3 gun, I see the benefit when you need to transition from near targets to far targets and back again.  You don't have to waste time moving your scope from 1X to 6x and back.  I don't think anyone runs the 45 degree sights to eliminate knowing their offsets at close range.

Bill

This.  I went through the same thought process when starting PCC.  Doesn't take as long as you think to get used to aiming high in the A zone for close targets.  I am zeroed at about an inch high at 25 yards and have gotten used to the holds pretty quick.  Even head shot only situations I just aim over the top within 7 or 8 yards.