Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Holster Ilegal (bladetech DOH)

rootacres

Can someone explain to me from where to where is the measurement done to determine the distance a pistol can be from your body. I have a tanfoglio Stock 2 with a bladetech DOH holster on a tek lok. No spacers or anything just outa the box onto my belt. I've used it for almost 2 years. At a level 2 match over the weekend on the first stage I was told it was ilegal and had to take the drop offset off. Does this sound right? This is advertised as a production holster. 

3 hours ago, rootacres said:

Can someone explain to me from where to where is the measurement done to determine the distance a pistol can be from your body. I have a tanfoglio Stock 2 with a bladetech DOH holster on a tek lok. No spacers or anything just outa the box onto my belt. I've used it for almost 2 years. At a level 2 match over the weekend on the first stage I was told it was ilegal and had to take the drop offset off. Does this sound right? This is advertised as a production holster. 

It's fairly common for the DOH to need a small shim washer on the bottom or heated up and bent a little. They are Production legal but still have to be in spec.

See what happens when rules are not enforced at locals?

I got a DAA PDR Pro and still check the night before just to make sure that nothing slipped or moved. I had to add two small washers to mine to tighten up the fit of the hydex portion to the mounting bracket but overall I haven't had to readjust yet.

Suggestion to fix problem AND make you realize how much faster you can get the gun out of a holster hanger that isn't limp and floppy... (The blade tech drop hanger is both flaccid and angles the gun outward from your body. An inconsistent ergonomic nightmare.)

http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-boss-doh-holster-hanger-hanger-mount-only/

Your holster body will bolt right to it. And you'll spend a far more comfortable day at the range. Using the standard spacers my Stock 3 is about 1.5" from my belt - well within the rules.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Plus something about having the muzzle pointed at your thigh never sounded like a good idea to me, went with a boss hanger and works great. Makes it super easy to swap out holsters if you stick with blade tech too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Aren't you still allowed to make this measurement with the gun/holster/belt removed from the body?  I always thought that kind of defeated the purpose, but it also takes gravity out of the equation for heavier guns.  That said, when I was running a DOH with my X5 Allround, I also added washers to the lower screw point to move the top in.  I have since moved to a BOSS hanger.