Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

svi vs Atlas Titan

osw333

Wow. 

I was was able to pick up my Titan today as well.

Fantastic! Slide is like an ice cube on waxed glass. Simply amazing. The barrel lock up is super slick yet not a smidge of wiggle. Trigger is a perfect (for me) 2lb. Pre and post travel are the least I’ve had in a pistol. That PT evo grip. Wow. Add the nitro fin and it’s almost like a grip casting was made. Fit and finish is superb. 

Exactly  three months to the day from order to home. 

Now to to get it to the range...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. 

I was was able to pick up my Titan today as well.

Fantastic! Slide is like an ice cube on waxed glass. Simply amazing. The barrel lock up is super slick yet not a smidge of wiggle. Trigger is a perfect (for me) 2lb. Pre and post travel are the least I’ve had in a pistol. That PT evo grip. Wow. Add the nitro fin and it’s almost like a grip casting was made. Fit and finish is superb. 

Exactly  three months to the day from order to home. 

Now to to get it to the range...

Congrats. Your gonna love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot with Adam and James on a monthly basis and have the luxury of handling and shooting some of these amazing pistols the Atlas crew is putting together these days. I also have been shooting a full custom Atlas .40 for a little over a year now and can say from personal experience that these guns are f-ing awesome. I've been running mine all winter long, at the January match it was -17 degrees with wind chills at -30 and that thing ran like a top! I will own another one some day.

• 3 months later...

I have shot both and owed a few SVs they are both top notch and nobody will dispute that SV make one of the finest pistols money can but but the TITAN I shot was so close in all aspects that matter to me I was instantly sold on ATLAS not sure it is better then SV but  it sure I would spend the extra money even if money was no object 

Lord have mercy.  In USPSA & IPSC it’s the shooter not the gun.  All the proof needed is Glock. For less then any pistol made you have what you need to win production or Limited. Now Open is a different animal to some extent anyway because Tanfo and Eric have proven it’s defiantly the shooter not the gun. Atlas has made themselves a good name at least on the range and SV will always be SV. Buy what you like train like your life depends on it and go have fun.  With a lot of work and some luck who knows you might be a National or world champ but I doubt it.  Lol. 

Edited by a matt

On 7/9/2018 at 12:43 AM, a matt said:

Lord have mercy.  In USPSA & IPSC it’s the shooter not the gun.  All the proof needed is Glock. For less then any pistol made you have what you need to win production or Limited. ...

If that was true Glock’s market share among competitors would not be falling last several years (source National’s equipment surveys).

Personally, I can’t shoot a Glock, it just doesn’t fit my hand. By the time I get it modded to work for me I’d be close to the price of a 2011.

Oh ok, so Shane Coley doesn’t have a chance of winning at IPSC Nats with a Glock. It’s all about the training and what you are willing to put into it  (source Commonsense). Glock-Elite II, it’s the shooter. 

Edited by a matt

2 hours ago, a matt said:

Oh ok, so Shane Coley doesn’t have a chance of winning at IPSC Nats with a Glock. It’s all about the training and what you are willing to put into it  (source Commonsense). Glock-Elite II, it’s the shooter. 

I don't think he has a chance of winning with a *stock* glock.

How much do you suppose it would cost to duplicate his gun?

For sure his training and skill are of the highest level, but guys that shoot glocks at that level seem to be shooting pretty extensively modified guns.

What does a 35 set up for limited cost? $1100 or $1200, he has said its an off the shelve 35 just set up the way he likes. Really, how exotic can you make a Glock when you are paid to shoot Glocks. It's not a 2011 with Glock engraved on the slide. Although one Taurus shooters engraves TAURUS  on the slide of her 2011's ?

Edited by a matt

7 hours ago, a matt said:

What does a 35 set up for limited cost? $1100 or $1200, he has said its an off the shelve 35 just set up the way he likes. Really, how exotic can you make a Glock when you are paid to shoot Glocks. It's not a 2011 with Glock engraved on the slide. Although one Taurus shooters engraves TAURUS  on the slide of her 2011's ?

Yeah, if that's true that's lame......just like Max.

9 hours ago, a matt said:

I shot with him once, but didn't pay much attention really. Nice guy, he's vary fast. Won Limited by like 3% at that match and he fell on his face twice. From things I've seen and read on line it looks like a Agency Glock, plus SJC frame Weight, and probably a SJC heavy magwell. If it's a Agency that's a $1,500-1,600 glock plus a couple hundred in SJC parts.

Really not a expensive Limited gun, and clearly can win matches in the right hands. I'd still lean toward a 2011 style gun, you can get a used on for a similar price and it will have a better resale value then a tuned up Glock. Plus I just like them better. Personal preference. At the end of the day you have to shoot it better than everyone else to win.

Well said.

Shane Coley just won the US IPSC Nats today in Standard/Limited and Bob was 2nd and it was a close match, less than 1% was thr diff on paper.  Cheers gents 

Edited by a matt

On 7/16/2018 at 8:32 AM, a matt said:

Well said.

Shane Coley just won the US IPSC Nats today in Standard/Limited and Bob was 2nd and it was a close match, less than 1% was thr diff on paper.  Cheers gents 

anyone else notice Ashley Rheuark placed 11th in standard shooting minor.

She shoots a decently stock G34, right?