Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement gas key screws

I would call Spinta. I had a oversized roll pin hole for the extractor, so it kept coming out during fire. Called Spinta, Sam Spinta the owner answered himself! He answered all my questions and quickly took care of the issue. I am certain they will take care of you as well. Great customer service, I will use their products again. 

Mine sheared off too. I emailed them on a Friday evening and had a prepaid postage label printed out on Monday. Please have have your order number ready to give them.

I received another bolt quickly after sending mine back. Spinta told me they had changed how those screws are staked. Big improvement over the original. 

I've been lucky and had no problems so far.  But if I do, how hard is it to get whats left of the old gas key screw out of the bolt?  Drill and easy out it?

Bill

I have a Spinta that's running fine, but my ATI bolt sheared and I removed the screws with a pointed pick. Just put a little pressure and they unscrewed easy. There shouldn't be any loctite and the heads are gone, so they should come out without a lot of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spinta is sending a shipping label and will replace the bolt, so great service there.

looking around the web, this doesn't seem to be an uncommon problem with 9mm ar bolts, so I think I'm going to get some screws to keep on hand and minimize down time. The broken pieces of screw came right out of the bolt body using a scribe to rotate them. There was no thread locker, so no problem removing them.