Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opening up the Sig MPX gasport

So finally got around to sending off my gas port to be opened back up to the Gen 1 spec.  Got it back last week and took it out this morning to see where I was.   First tested my original 123 PF load which would not cycle and now I had 100% cycling.  So far so good.  I then switched to a new load I made last night which the chrono said was 116 PF.  Well I had 100% cycling of those as well.  I'm going to make a batch of 110 PF rds and see if those work too ....  the gun is already flat with only a slight twitch of the dot  but since this is primary for SC, getting it to perform like a rimfire gun would be valuable if possible ...

Honestly I have no idea ....  When I contacted the guys who did the work their website just said "Sig 

MPX gas port service" and a few words about opening up the ports to run lighter loads.  I told them what I was trying to do and they said they could  do it.

when I ran the 123 PF loads through It this morning the recoil seemed identical to what is was before, the only difference was that it was no longer a single shot PCC ... ? I didn't try, nor do I plan to, run any heavier loads through it ...

Edited by Nimitz
18 hours ago, TISCHLJ said:

Following.. I know Taylor Pickerell is also offering this service. The MPX does like some gas...

I tried multiple times to get in touch with Taylor and never could.

I used ZR Tactical. They were very quick (barrel shipped and back in less than a week) and it works great now where I had a jam-o-matic before with my reloads.

Recommend ZR Tactical very much.

yep.  never got any response (email or phone) from Pickerell either ...

Finally found ZR Tactical & in a week it was done.  I suspect I'll be able to run 110 PF loads at 100% once I'm done.  Noting wrong with my current 116 PF but lower is better ..