Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dot bracket screws

herman

i have used blue loktite several times, after 1 or 2 matches the screws are loose,. so i tried red loktite  also several times same deal.

it  happens on all my open guns, if it happened on just one, should be able to find the problem, but no..

any suggestions on what to use. ?

yes i  cleaned  all the screws & threads each time, i even put loktite in the frame threads also, no luck.

thanks,  herman

You might try putting a dab of Red on the counter sunk part of the screw where it contacts the mount to help out. That's what I did to mine and it's held up for a couple months worth of shooting 400-700 rounds a week. It would've probably lasted longer but I just switched mounts to put a Romeo 3 on the gun.

Also, I found that even with the Blue, waiting to shoot it until after the full cure time helped make it last longer. 

Edited by XDMgunchamp278
add info

The way you apply it tends to help out a lot. I coat the screw and let it air dry so its tacky (7-10 mins). I then add another layer and screw all 5 on. Then wipe away the excess. Let it set for at least 24 hours before shoot again. Havent had a screw back out yet. I have broken 2 screws in 2 years with this method (100K shot on 4 different open guns).

Clean AND dry threads and screws is the most important part.  No oil residue should be left.  Use 7649 primer and loctite of your choice that is stronger than 242.  Let cure 24 hours before shooting or letting any oil get near the screws.