Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power Xcalibur sear spring

I picked up a used Xcal a few months back to use as a product gun. Put several hundred rounds through it and then started to get light primer strikes.  Being a used gun, I decided to replace all the springs and perform a detailed strip of the internals.  Everything was going good until I got to the sear spring or what GP calls the 'hammer catch spring', which is part GP26 in the exploded online diagram.

The spring that came out of my pistol is the one at the bottom, the one Eagle sent is the top one.  Not only are they different size, they are wound differently too.  Anyone have a good part number for the Xcal sear spring and/or other place to purchase them from other than Eagle? 

P.S. I submitted a ticket at Eagle, let's see what they have to say.

GP26_Hammer_Catch_Spring.jpg

Well for anyone that runs across this thread, here's the answer from Eagle- The Xcalibur uses a different sear spring from the other pistols in the Grand Power lineup. Oh, and they are currently out of stock:wacko:

• 9 months later...

Did you ever get this resolved?  Last time out, I had a couple of light strikes that went off after a subsequent DA pull or two on my loads with CCI primers.  Never happened before.  About 1500 rds through the gun.

I switched to shooting primarily in limited after getting a replacement sear spring from Eagle.  So don't really have enough rounds through the pistol to ensure the problem is resolved. Additionally, I switched from CCI to S&B primers.  I have an inkling that the change in primers is more relevant than the new spring. 

If it were me, I'd switch to a different brand of primer, after doing a thorough cleaning of the gun.

I shot my X-cal in quite a few matches last year with no issues. Stated getting occasional light strikes, however the season ended before I was able to positively determine the reason. I 'suspect' it was primer related as I switched from CCI to S&B during the season. 

I have since switched to Limited Dicision and haven't shot the GP enough to determine if the issue is resolved or not. 

BTW I load on a 650. 

I haven't shot a factory round of centerfire pistol ammo through any of my guns in almost 20 years so I can't answer your first question.  I haven't fiddled with the pistol at all.  Last time out was the only time I've ever had a light strike with it.

I'm loading on a 550.