Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideal single stack rig

Meshach

Just went through this with anew shooter locally

DAA or CR speed ( Daa SS pouches) or DAA or CR double stack pouches with the inserts

I prefer the double stack pouches with the inserts since the mags are father way from your body so it's easier to get to but still with in the 2" rule

DAA PDR2 is a great set up or a CR / Bladeteck holster on a boss style bracket.  Adjusted for your preference and to met the rulebook requirements

Any good two piece belt (DAA, Shooters conection, CR speed, scorpion they all work fine

Edited by jcc7x7

10 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Just went through this with anew shooter locally

DAA or CR speed ( Daa SS pouches) or DAA or cR double stack pouches with the inserts

I prefer the double stack pouches with the inserts since the mags a father way from you body so easier to get to but still with in the 2" rule

DAA PDR2 is a great set uo or a CR / Bladeteck holster on a boss style bracket.  Adjusted for your preference and to met the rulebook requirements

Any good two piece belt (DAA, Shooters conection, CR speed, scorpion they all work fine

Thanks for the reply again! Very informative 

Having tried multiple brands of holsters belts and mag pouches....

go with DAA SS pouches not the CR speed. Red hill tactical double layer holster is nice and either their hanger or the boss hanger.

The CR Speed pouches seemed to hang up sometimes and making them looser resulted in the mags flying out. 

Im just a lowly A class guy who always shoots SS though :)

On 7/3/2017 at 10:29 PM, js1130146 said:

I'm a big fan of the DAA single stack racers. I run a Red Hill Tactical holster body on a Boss hanger. I like it way more than the Bladetech I used to have.

The Red Hill  holster is a great complement to the Boss Hanger - when you combine the two you get NO flex on the draw. I highly recommend that combination as well.

On 7/3/2017 at 11:28 PM, mach1soldier said:

Having tried multiple brands of holsters belts and mag pouches....

go with DAA SS pouches not the CR speed. Red hill tactical double layer holster is nice and either their hanger or the boss hanger.

The CR Speed pouches seemed to hang up sometimes and making them looser resulted in the mags flying out. 

Im just a lowly A class guy who always shoots SS though :)

Be careful if you choose the Red Hill hanger and are shooting single stack.

You may not be able to mount the holster body high enough to be legal. With the Boss hanger there are no issues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Double Alpha PDR Pro II (or whatever they're calling the latest iteration of this holster). 

Ready Tactical pouches are nice cause they take up very little real estate and I can get six on a belt and not be reaching too far back.Affordable too.

Edited by robertg5322

I'm in Australia and shoot IPSC we can use magnets, so I have 5 DAA Racer pouches on belt with a magnet on furthest forward for pick ups, and have a magnet pouch behind holster for barney mag (I could use standard pouch but like the magnet one)

If we couldn't use magnets I would stick with 5 but just change out barney pouch and do away with front magnet.  

Does me for either major or minor.

Edited by terrydoc

Are magnets legal in USPSA SS? I’ve been using a Safariland ELS belt with 5 Safariland pouches and a Bladetech holster on a BOSS hanger. I’ve never needed more than the 5 on the belt + 1 in the gun at a match but a 6th one couldn’t hurt...that 6th mag would be pretty far back if you needed it.

Edited by TCB

Anyone have issues with the bladetech pouches sticking? I have a few of them and have switched over to C.R. speed which I’m also not a big fan of because I would get hung up trying to draw a mag if I tipped it out away from the belt at all with the bladetech ones

On 11/20/2017 at 9:16 AM, TCB said:

Are magnets legal in USPSA SS? I’ve been using a Safariland ELS belt with 5 Safariland pouches and a Bladetech holster on a BOSS hanger. I’ve never needed more than the 5 on the belt + 1 in the gun at a match but a 6th one couldn’t hurt...that 6th mag would be pretty far back if you needed it.

I don't believe so, I shoot IPSC where they are allowed. 

• 4 weeks later...