Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCP legal 4" barrel 9mm 1911s?

Shootingbeaver

I've been trying to find a 9mm 1911 for CCP that won't break the bank.  Is there anything out there with a 4" barrel other than the Springfield range officer compact?   Also has anyone fitted a magwell on their gun that still fits in the box with a mag bumper?

thanks

Define "Break the bank"?

Basically any Commander slide on an Officer's Frame would be legal. 

Magwells added will have to not add too much to stay within the 5 3/8" height limit.

Colt CCO

Dan Wesson CCO

Just search for "CCO 9mm" on GunBroker, you'll see lots of options.

Edited by extremist

I would like to stay under a $1,000 for the gun since I will need mags and a lot of extras to get started in CCP.     Must have extras for the gun will be ambi safety(kinda sucks being a lefty), fiber front, magwell if it will fit. 

I had not seen the colt commander  so thank you for mentioning that one.  Anyone think of any other possibilities that I may have missed? 

3 hours ago, Shootingbeaver said:

I had not seen the colt commander  so thank you for mentioning that one.  Anyone think of any other possibilities that I may have missed? 

I don't think the Commander fits the CCP Box unless maybe an early one with GI sights. 

36 minutes ago, Shootingbeaver said:

I believe the emp also will not fit.  Springfield website says 5.5" where the rulebook says 5 3/8 height.   

Get the hammer out and pound that puppy into the box. Or dremel. 

Their website says magazines with 'slam pad' would be interested to see what exactly the slam pad is, how much it weighs and if that is included in the height. I would be hella bummed out if the EMP doesn't fit. Seeing as I bought one for this exact division....if not It'll have to be the USPSA back up SS gun haha 

Edited by Dutchman195

• 11 months later...

I know its an old thread...

From factory, SA EMP LW Champ wo2nt fit CCP box; thanks Bill W.

- Wonder if it might be possible to fab a shorter sight set, use mags without "slam" pad, and squeeze it into the box.

On other hand, snagged a SA RO Compact 9mm off a prize table and wondering how much wiggle room there is to make it better.

- adjustable rear sight

- better front sight

- magwell

- longer mag release

- better grips

- clean up trigger

What say y'all?

8 minutes ago, wgj3 said:

I know its an old thread...

From factory, SA EMP LW Champ wo2nt fit CCP box; thanks Bill W.

- Wonder if it might be possible to fab a shorter sight set, use mags without "slam" pad, and squeeze it into the box.

On other hand, snagged a SA RO Compact 9mm off a prize table and wondering how much wiggle room there is to make it better.

- adjustable rear sight

- better front sight

- magwell

- longer mag release

- better grips

- clean up trigger

What say y'all?

I’m pretty happy with mine after a lot of work.  Trigger was pretty terrible but it’s pretty nice now.  An adjustable rear sight would be nice. 

49FBB2E5-761B-4653-89BF-7A5CE6F3B3D6.jpeg

On 6/7/2018 at 6:51 PM, Shootingbeaver said:

I’m pretty happy with mine after a lot of work.  Trigger was pretty terrible but it’s pretty nice now.  An adjustable rear sight would be nice. 

49FBB2E5-761B-4653-89BF-7A5CE6F3B3D6.jpeg

What all did you do to it?

I see magwell, new grip screws, different grips...

Grips, magwell, mag basepads, ambi safety, wolf leaf spring, and lots of trigger/internal polishing.  It runs good however the chamber is really tight so you definitely have to check your reloads.  My sig and rock island 9mm 1911s will eat anything, this gun needs them sized perfect.  

On 6/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, Shootingbeaver said:

Grips, magwell, mag basepads, ambi safety, wolf leaf spring, and lots of trigger/internal polishing.  It runs good however the chamber is really tight so you definitely have to check your reloads.  My sig and rock island 9mm 1911s will eat anything, this gun needs them sized perfect.  

What magwell and basepads are you running? I’m curious if Wilson ETM 9rd mags will fit the box, they are already extended a bit and may feed a little more reliably. 

Edited by SFEDave

Are the ETM mags still officer frame mags?    I’ll call myself out and say I did not know that you can damage a officer frame ejector by using full size mags.    I made the mistake of running this gun in a USPSA match where I used full size mags.  I did a reload and slammed my fresh mag in the gun knocking the pressed in ejector up into the slide locking the gun up.  

7 hours ago, Shootingbeaver said:

Are the ETM mags still officer frame mags?    I’ll call myself out and say I did not know that you can damage a officer frame ejector by using full size mags.    I made the mistake of running this gun in a USPSA match where I used full size mags.  I did a reload and slammed my fresh mag in the gun knocking the pressed in ejector up into the slide locking the gun up.  

You're not the only one to have made this type of error...

37 minutes ago, wgj3 said:

You're not the only one to have made this type of error...

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-Elite-Tactical-Magazine-9mm-Compact-9-Round-ETM-Base-Pad/productinfo/500%2D9C9/

Wilson has them listed as officer/compact length mags.  I’m not sure if they will fit the box, might need some slight modification. Good to know about the full length mags possibly damaging the ejector. 

1 hour ago, SFEDave said:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-Elite-Tactical-Magazine-9mm-Compact-9-Round-ETM-Base-Pad/productinfo/500%2D9C9/

Wilson has them listed as officer/compact length mags.  I’m not sure if they will fit the box, might need some slight modification. Good to know about the full length mags possibly damaging the ejector. 

I may have to try a few of these.  The base doesn’t look overly large so it may fit.  Also I kinda like the idea starting with a 9 round mag and not having a Barney mag.